Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Bugging In
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched, and read, and have yet to find much in the way of stories that deal with rebuilding after whatever happens. Instead, most seem to focus on before and during, but not much for after. I do remember one called "Keys to the Kingdom", which I enjoyed immensely, and "The Postman", but can't seem to find any others. Can anybody make a recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Bugging In
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, yeah! I'd forgotten that one. Great book. Probably read it 3-4 times, along with The Stand and Dies the Fire. Dad was an M.P. in Austria in the 50s. Told us some interesting tales. I guess that's where the fascination comes from, but I'm most interested in how folks would go about making the transition from "Survive" to "Thrive" if things go stupid. Time for a new thread in DPGD, I think.

Take care

·
The last of the Ravens
1,755 Posts
Try the TV show "Jeremiah". All of the episodes are available for free on Hulu, and all of the episodes take place roughly 15 years after all of the people in or over the age of puberty have died.
i second this.
the first couple episodes of season one are on youtube =D

·
Registered
161 Posts
World Made by Hand by James Howard Kunstler. Set in the post peak oil world. Can't remember exactly when but I think it's a decade or so down the track from the collapse and focused on life in a small town in NY if I remember correctly.

Definitely life well after collapse. A little bit on the spiritual/religious side but not a bad read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts