Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Eaglescout for Life
2,109 Posts
Use the minimum force required to stop the threat. fists get fists, someone pulls a weapon they leathal force is justified

·
Beyond the grid!
698 Posts
Minimum force... BS!
You win, bottom line, destroy 'em.
If you feel threatened, take them out. Your story will be the only one for the LE's to hear.
Always approach violence with greater force, if you want to live.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
Minimum force... BS!
If you feel threatened, take them out. Your story will be the only one for the LE's to hear.
How did that work out for George Zimmerman?

Reactions: ARCS

·
Vigilant
3,749 Posts
Use the minimum force required to stop the threat. fists get fists, someone pulls a weapon they leathal force is justified
Not in FL baby! Check out the "stand your ground" clause. Yeah that's right. Whatever it takes to ensure your survival...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Fists can and have killed. There are NO ROE's when your life is being threatened. You stop the attacker.....when they are down and no longer a threat..you can stop your defensive action. :cool:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Use the minimum force required to stop the threat. fists get fists...
So a 100 lb woman should use fists against a 250 lb rapist? :eek:

...someone pulls a weapon they leathal force is justified
What if they shoot you first? :eek:

How did that work out for George Zimmerman?
Zimmerman is a fund raising tool for Jackson and Sharpton. You will recall that Zimmerman wasn't going to be charged until Obama realized that Trevon looked like the son he never had. :eek:

·
Beyond the grid!
698 Posts
Minimum force... BS!
Damn, quoted myself, but...
I'm a little ****-ant of a guy, used to be quite an accomplished martial artist when I was younger, but at 52yr I'm not going toe to toe with some methed up 20yr old, 250 lb bruiser. I'd advise anyone against it. Think of the loved ones you'll leave behind.
Pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Many times I think that we forget what is appropriate use of force when defending ourselves. Thoughts?
Personally, I've always used the minimum amount of force necessary to defend myself or others. I feel sorry for anyone that thinks it's okay, for no particular reason, to consider using force against me. I've never hurt anyone permanently, though I've had the wide open chance to do so. In the end every threat was able to dust themselves off and walk away or just walk away. The first thing I learned in learning how to fight was how to avoid the fight in the first place.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Damn, quoted myself, but...
I'm a little ****-ant of a guy, used to be quite an accomplished martial artist when I was younger, but at 52yr I'm not going toe to toe with some methed up 20yr old, 250 lb bruiser. I'd advise anyone against it. Think of the loved ones you'll leave behind.
Pull the trigger.
I think you might mean that if you believe your life is in danger then you pull the trigger.

·
Beyond the grid!
698 Posts
I think you might mean that if you believe your life is in danger then you pull the trigger.
Possibly, but do you reach that realization with your last breath? Why gamble that an assailant will stop just short of killing you? What ever spurred the attack, I have to assume any attack may be the last.
I do not want to live my life thru a straw, as a vegetable, nor do I seek death. I feel it to be integral to the prepper/survivor mentality, I cannot understand doing less than 110% of whatever it takes to insure survival.
Folks have to follow their own morals here, but I choose to live. If that means some douche bag doesn't...

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
The agency I work we have a use of force policy-

In the performance of my normal duties I may use force, up to and including deadly force to prevent harm to myself, harm to the subject, a third person, prevent substantial property damage, attempts to elude apprehension or escape from custody.

But the policy states that the minimum amount of force necessary to control the situation shall be used.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Doc, who determines whether or not you did it right?
We have to articulate the reasons we put hands on or use any other level of force in paperwork.

All serious incidents are investigated by Internal Affairs, and referred to the District Attorney if there was any doubt.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Possibly, but do you reach that realization with your last breath? Why gamble that an assailant will stop just short of killing you? What ever spurred the attack, I have to assume any attack may be the last.
I do not want to live my life thru a straw, as a vegetable, nor do I seek death. I feel it to be integral to the prepper/survivor mentality, I cannot understand doing less than 110% of whatever it takes to insure survival.
Folks have to follow their own morals here, but I choose to live. If that means some douche bag doesn't...
My answer is that if I believe my life is in danger from a threat then I pull the trigger until I perceive that there is no longer a threat. I also know that I must be able to defend my actions to a jury if necessary so I'm not pulling any trigger unless I believe it necessary to avoid death or significant injury.

I do not want to live my life out in some small cell with real criminals just because I pulled the trigger when it wasn't warranted.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
And, as it was in my day, they get to sit there and pontificate for days or weeks on something you have to decide in less than a minute....

The standard applied is what would a reasonable person with similar training and experience do in the scenario.

The main thing with use of force is this- you do what is necessary to gain or maintain control of a situation, better being tried by 12 than carried by 6.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts