Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following article has some interesting stats on the actual - not government reported - unemployment in the USA.

Many of us here have known instinctively for months that the true unemployment numbers, reflecting people who have given up trying to find work, the underemployed, part-timers, etc. are much higher than the reported national 8.9%.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090605...hdGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawN0ZW1wd29ya2hlbHA-

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yup...double didget unemployment. I figure those numbers will fluctuate for a few years and when everything catches up, it will be a staggering figure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just thuoght I'd through this out there. I have been thinking about people effected by the layoffs. Using goverment numbers of 6 mil being layed off, there are 4 times that many being effected by this just in immediate families.
Assume the layed off person is married & has two children. This lay off now has effected 24 million people and multiplies from there. It just makes my skin crawl when I here "oh it's getting better" reported in the liberal press.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts