Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
I need to stock up on some REAL military MRE's. Where can I get them at a good price? Thank you!
You might want to do a Google search for MRE..Being the end of the year and many places that sell them you should get a great deal on them..Good luck...

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,260 Posts
The best prices I see on them is at the gun shows. They generally run about $40-45 a case there. That's a lot less than the retailers charge, plus there's no shipping. Learn how to read the date codes so that you get current ones.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I for one have been unable to find any REAL military MREs only military spec ones that were not anywhere like the real thing,,,one vendor told me it was illegal to sell real MREs and so it was printed on real MRE cases,,,I did find some at local gun show in the Atlanta Ga. area,,,$95.00 a case for 12 meals,,,I told them Thank You and went about my business,,,,SEMPER FI

·
Registered
274 Posts
Only seen the real military MREs at a surplus store- all the crap ones the soldiers didn't care for. Back in my Army days, you couldn't get anyone to eat the chicken ala king ones. After I got out, that was what I found in the surplus stores. Have the civilian version which seem fine to me.

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
dont think you can get the military version.I know it used to be only the civilian ones were available for natural disasters and stuff.They dont have anywhere near the calorie content the military ones have.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Buying the real thing is against the law,Printed on the case box on the real ones in that they are not for resale,and that it is illegal to sell them to civilians. Best and legal way is to have a friend in the military buy a couple of extra cases when they get their extra items. As long as its not sold to you it's ok/

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Buying the real thing is against the law,Printed on the case box on the real ones in that they are not for resale,and that it is illegal to sell them to civilians. Best and legal way is to have a friend in the military buy a couple of extra cases when they get their extra items. As long as its not sold to you it's ok/
AFAIK, it's illegal to buy/sell "real" GI MRE.

·
Registered
573 Posts
People were selling M.R.E on ebay. Now some say ''not for resale'' on the package. Try the site freezied drier guy . Sell navy version of m.r.e. . The meals for the sub personel are suposed to be the best .

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
I for one have been unable to find any REAL military MREs only military spec ones that were not anywhere like the real thing,,,one vendor told me it was illegal to sell real MREs and so it was printed on real MRE cases,,,I did find some at local gun show in the Atlanta Ga. area,,,$95.00 a case for 12 meals,,,I told them Thank You and went about my business,,,,SEMPER FI
I always thought all MRE's were the same....This thread is interesting...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Real military MREs are "not for sale" as marked on outside of case,,MREs you get from a lot of civilian stores like the one mentioned in this blog so state that these are not military MREs but are civilian version made to military specifications,, look on page 76 of their latest catalog,,,,SEMPER FI

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,260 Posts
Yep. It says right on the side of the box and the packets both "not for civilian resale". They're piled high at most every gun show. Apparently they don't take it too seriously. I've done gun shows for a living for years and the only person I know of being hassled for it was a bigtime dealer who got caught buying them from a crooked supply sergeant.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm sure there's some reason you want them, but if you don't plan to be living out of a backpack for a month, I can't think of one. I'd rather have my own stash than that crap. I've eaten enough of the real thing to know it's not my first choice. And if you have access to your own stash, you'll spend a heck of a lot less for a hell of a lot more. But to each his/her own. I just don't see it.

·
We The People
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure there's some reason you want them, but if you don't plan to be living out of a backpack for a month, I can't think of one. I'd rather have my own stash than that crap. I've eaten enough of the real thing to know it's not my first choice. And if you have access to your own stash, you'll spend a heck of a lot less for a hell of a lot more. But to each his/her own. I just don't see it.
Just wanted to mix my stash up some. If you can tell me another maker that is of better quality I am all ears. The only reason I wanted the Military MRE is that I have had it before and it worked. I figure if I am going to buy ten cases of something and drop five plus bills that I would get something that is proven. let me know if you can send me in a better direction. Thank you for your time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts