Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
The STOMP kits are good stuff, use it as your basic starting point and then add your mission/situation specific gear to it.

Reactions: Tac Medic

·
167 Posts
i think it looks fine. i also think before you buy a med kit you should ask yourself,
how much do i need/willing to carry?
what type of med kit do i really need, level 1, 2, or 3
do i have the training/experience to use the apparatus/equipment in the med kit i choose?
answer these questions and you will find the right med kit for you.
tip. make sure the pack is water proof, supplies can be expensive and get ruined fast if wet.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
my criteria for mission specific kits-

Where are we going?
How long are we going for?
How many people are going?
What specific environmental hazards exist?
What are going to be doing?

So within your skill level evaluate your kits according to what it's purpose is and get rid of any fluff.

If it's something you are not trained or qualified to use, then don't carry it.

Reactions: Tap Water

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think it looks fine. i also think before you buy a med kit you should ask yourself,
how much do i need/willing to carry?
what type of med kit do i really need, level 1, 2, or 3
do i have the training/experience to use the apparatus/equipment in the med kit i choose?
answer these questions and you will find the right med kit for you.
tip. make sure the pack is water proof, supplies can be expensive and get ruined fast if wet.
I would have to agree with groundwire on that. If your serious about buying the stomp kit its a good one. There are some things in it that your gonna want to get some training on like the opa's. Other then that i would only say you might want to loose the Ammonia Inhalants as they can make a head bleed much worse, Instant Ice Packs are known to swell and explode in heat (i know from experience ): ) and Quick Clot is ment to be removed by a surgen. Just my thoughts. *Remember my thoughts fall somewhere just below whale shat on the totom pole of life.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
its a short term kit for maybe a month in the field for a team or squad.my problem is how waterproof is the kit. can you throw it in a river and rely on the contents being undamaged.

it needs a lot more 4x4s they are the basic Sterile pads for wounds that every EMT uses and i kept at least 40 in my EMT kit for every run

1 - 10 of 10 Posts