Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I don't have one of those,but there's an article about them in the latest edition of Tactical Knives magazine.

It's just my preference,but I don't think I'd have a use for the wire breaker notch or the bottle opener or the prying feature on this knife.
I'd rather just have a plain ol' blade without the extra goodies.

RC makes quality stuff though so this one shouldn't be any different.
Just not my style.

Cliff

·
Registered
839 Posts
I dont have one yet, however I have seen and held one. Its a good knife from what I can tell. I have several Rat Cutlery knives and like them all. I was thinking of buying a HEST and replacing my Izula with it as my neck knife. I like the idea of the removable handle scales so you can put a small survival kit inside, or remove them and para cord wrap the handle.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I used one in Afghanistan this past fall. I like the knife, but I couldn't carry it comfortably on the belt (vertically) on my stong side...co-located with my M9 holster. The pommel prybar dug into my side. I did try it horizontally mounted and it was okay.

As to the knife? Well, it does cut wire and the pommel prybar extension is actaully quite handy. I didn't use the bottle opener until recently...opening a few cold beers:D: The wire cutter is a pain...something that could almost be done better with a multitool. You have to get some good torque and twist back and forth to weaken the wire.

It's well designed and I like RAT's products. I'm torn on the pommel prybar extension; it works well, just uncomfortable the way I carry my fixed blade.

ROCK6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts