Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
Can anyone tell me if you can replant suckers, to use as a new planting?

I think you would but looking for some backup here.

Thanks in advance......:)
Rasberrys yeah in marshy soil If not you gotta root em first.

For blueberries bendover the sucker and plant it and once it roots you can snip it and replant it. Or if that has already happened and the sucker has it's own roots.

·
some strange Nordic man
1,103 Posts
Another thing with just about any berries is munch on them, suck down the fleshy parts and spit the seeds everywhere where you want to grow them. It takes longer, but if you've stuck the seeds from your jelly-making, (careful not to rip the cloth, raspberry seeds are like sandpaper) snacking and especially the spoiled ones in one area there's bound to be some that take root. Just baby that area, let them get some sun but not too much (in my opinion wild berry plants often wilt and die in the heat of the sun, they seem to like to grow in shady spots) and give the area a little fertilizer and plenty of water depending on the plant. After maybe two years (I had one patch go up in one) you'll find that you have clusters of berry plants producing delicious food when the picking season comes.

Pick twice a day, only grab the juicy ones, leave the hard but ripe-looking ones. Once at noon, once before the sun goes down. Don't stress yourself picking frantically in one day, they produce berries as long as they can. Also, for raspberries and blackberries don't be tempted to grab an incomplete cluster. The plant will have a nice, puffy cluster ready tomorrow. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.