Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran across this thought it look interesting.

There's video of it here:

And there is this review of it on Amazon:

FIELD TESTED IN AFGHANISTAN
By Dave Jones
My son is fighting at a tiny combat outpost in Afghanistan. They have no washers, no amenities. I ordered this and had it directly shipped to my son. He called me and told me it works very well! He said you put your water, soap clothes in bucket of water. You plunge up and down which causes a suction in the water. The water actually is sucked through the clothing and removes dirt. He emptied his bucket of water and soap and repeated until the water stayed clean. Then he poured rinse water in the buck and repeated to remove soap. All the guys at the outpost are actually excited over this litter device! No more soiled, stinking clothes

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have one and use it frequently. It works really well especially when you have no choice but to wear the same thing again the next day, like a uniform. You don't have to have a load big enough for a machine wash, just toss your clothes in a 5 gal bucket and go to town. For the price, what's to lose? If someone doesn't like theirs I'll buy it for 90% of it's full value just so I can have a spare.

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,344 Posts
Make something like this use a broom handle, a coffee can and a rubber flapper.

Attach the broom handle on the center bottom of the coffee can.
Cut and hole on the bottom off to the side of the broom handle.
Attach the rubber flapper so that it will hinge over the hole.

And now you have a agitator.

·
Token Hippy Academic
400 Posts
I just ordered one and I can't wait for it to come in! :)

The problem with coffee cans is they can rust, or get little cuts that will tear up your clothes. The plastic should be good for a really, really long time. I'll write a report after the first big load is through. :)

I also have a few king size blankets that kill the washer, it'll be nice to be able to do those by hand.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Not really NEW......

....I have seen old antique versions of this plunger washer. Gotta be at least 100 years old, that idea. The ones I have seen are metal and look like a toilet plunger, which is funny because toilets were not so common 100 years ago.
Everything old is new again,......
Any patents on that idea?:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts