Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
You obviously are a well prepared person. You also seem to think nobody else has a survival game plan like you. I am not even close to what you have, but I am sure there are people on this board that have as much if not more than yourself. But you also must have quite a bit of money to have all that you do. You talk about the plane that you have in a different video. Like that is available to everyone. I am sure that most people that you talk down about would love to have what you have, but do not have the mans to make it happen. Most of us have to do the best with what we have. I do like listening to your ideas and the way you prepare. But you gotta understand, not everyone can afford all the things you have accumulated. This does not make them less of a survivalist. Keep the videos coming!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
P2S, I don't disagree with you on most of what you said. You know there is a big 'but' coming here...:)

Some people are here to learn. That's what I am here for anyway. Yeah I love to type:eek::, but I am reading other posts all the time and learning to. So to cut these people down may be discouraging them. Also sometimes it is easier to hash things out like this than it is to do it in your head. I've read some posts where I started out thinking one way and by the end I was seeing the other side of the coin too. People like Lowdown are good at making me see what I haven't seen. So I like to read where people disagree and try their best to make their idea seem right. I don't like to read it over and over again like some people do, but it is nice to get all the different perspectives on an idea before I make up my mind. I may disagree with them still, but I may understand them a bit more and can use that in a survival plan.

Now I wanted to jump on you and yell I have over 800 acres of land, I raise almost all of my own food, I hunt, I fish and on and on. Then it goes through my head you are probably not talking about me so I'll get my dander down.:)

Do you have other videos of how to do what you are recommending? If the people who wants to disagree with you don't want to watch them, fine, but I wouldn't mind seeing some.

Anyway, I think you either have it together or are close to getting it together. So really, it shouldn't bother you if people who aren't get all upset with you. Smile, nod, be calm and know you are secure in your plans.

I won't comment on geocaching though.:)

blt

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a rant aimed more at the people who talk but don't do, the people who think that just because they think they can live in the woods for a few weeks maybe a month or more that that would sustain them long term. I just think it should be a priority to have your ducks in a row. Even if it's not the dream BOB or BOL that you are working with you still need something more then talk.

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the how to videos, I never really thought to make any but great idea. It's about snaring and trapping season here and I have some squirrels that are asking for it. Plus maybe I can rig up for fox and show that.... All ideas.

·
Registered
96 Posts
a boot in the a$$

i liked what you said. i have been into this for over ten years and learned how to do a lot of things that will help me when the time comes. my main plan is to bug in because we live in an area that people would go to bug out.
i do have a bob and bov ready when we need it.
i am also fat and old now so i have not been on a good hike for a few years now.
your rant was what i needed to get out and pratice what i already know.
thanks for the boot!:D:

·
Registered
233 Posts
On the how to videos, I never really thought to make any but great idea. It's about snaring and trapping season here and I have some squirrels that are asking for it. Plus maybe I can rig up for fox and show that.... All ideas.
That would be great. I, for one, would love to see trapping and snaring techniques.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It was a rant aimed more at the people who talk but don't do, the people who think that just because they think they can live in the woods for a few weeks maybe a month or more that that would sustain them long term. I just think it should be a priority to have your ducks in a row. Even if it's not the dream BOB or BOL that you are working with you still need something more then talk.
I agree and thank you for clearing it up.
An idea for one of your videos; Maybe a how to on geocaching. That would be very interesting.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
For the most part your video was good, I took from it what I needed and left the rest for others to decipher.. Over all I thought it was a good "pick me up" to motivate those who say what they do and not do what they say..

I feel comfortable in what preps I have have to last me some time. I own 70 odd acres of BOL... I have a small group of family memebers with skills...
Now keep in mind no amount of preps ...being food or water will never be enough.....but I just hope each week The shyt holds off so I can buy a lil more food or nessecities...

I noticed you mentioned "aircraft" I have one as well ....its saucer shaped with lights :D just razin ya.....

the video was good and other videos may help others with hunting techniques and so on

·
Registered
688 Posts
Were would you fly to? What if TSHTF when it's winter or conditions are too poor to fly? How far can you go on one tank? Would you have to land and refuel? What if you couldn't go on from there? Could you bug out on land from that point on?

A float plane would be the bomb though. I don't think going to another airport would be such a good idea unless it's private.

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I fly out of a airstrip that is private in Northern KY on a farm the place I have a camp site at has a airstrip. But if things are too bad I would drive and I am prepared to drive, hike, or fly in. Also a plane gives a certain tactical advantage should it be needed for locating food(deer) and such. I am working right now to do a diesel conversion on my cessna so biofuels can be used in a pinch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
YouTube - America's Wake Up Call (Ohio Militia) Buy Guns

I think I am not the only person who is telling it how it is.
I think its great you posted a video but why hide behind a modified voice. The person asked are you a patriot?Are you sure? Dont' hide, if what you are doing is the "right" thing to do then stand up and be yourself, so that people that you are telling to wake up, won't feel like its a bad thing. The more people playing "shadow" militia games, the more of a turn off it might be for the mass of the people. We have to make the MASS wake up. All they see is someone that is acting like some terrorist hiding behind a veil. Our founding fathers were militia men, I believe they should be strong and well armed, not some cloaked up group of people that keep fitting the stereotype that the media loves to make fun of.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts