Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just my opinion on the issue, if you agree fine, if you disagree fine, but I would like you to post your opinion either way.

For those of you that have not been paying attention and voting for the same two parties over and over, I blame you for what you are about to read. The two party system will be the downfall of the US, and I directly blame the voters.

My personal opinion, its just a matter of time before protest become violent.

I think there will be 2 driving factors, maybe 3 factors – Cost of living, Unemployment rates and maybe Inflation.

Cost of living – with free trade the US is having to compete against countries that allow their citizens to be exploited by large international companies. Why have a part built in the US, have to pay a liveable wage, pay taxes, pay benefits such as health insurance, sick days and vacation, when the company can move to communist china and get workers at almost slave labor wages. The higher the unemployment rate, the lower the wages, that is just the way things work.

As wages continue to stagnate, the cost of everything else continues to go up. Some refried beans my wife and I buy to make homemade burritos with went up 8 cents a couple of weeks ago. 8 cents might not seem like a lot, but when the can cost $1, that is an 8% increase. The average rate of inflation is around 3%. That means 8% is almost 3 times the rate of inflation.

The cost of basic items, such as food is going up at a steady rate. Ground meat – ground round is $2.25 a pound, ground lean is around $4 a pound. My wife fixed some homemade tacos a few days ago, and it cost us almost $10.

Unemployment rates – the factories are gone, they are not coming back, get used to it. bill clinton did a flip-flop on NAFTA and GATT, so regardless of which of the 2 major parties you vote for, you vote for a group of liars.

If you want our factories back from china, then vote like it. The only solution is to vote the two major parties out of office, and to do that, people have to vote differently. Elections have been worthless for the last 2 decades because congress keeps passing the same types of laws. Sooner or later the vast majority of people are going to lose all hope.

Inflation – with the federal reserve printing money out of thin air, who knows where inflation is going to go. The US dollar is backed by very little physical property. Unlike the gold standard where the value of our money was backed by gold, the current dollar is not backed by anything.

The cost of basic items, such as food is going up at a steady rate. Ground meat – ground round is $2.25 a pound, ground lean is around $4 a pound. My wife fixed some homemade tacos a few days ago, and it cost us almost $10.

People with no hope – are likely to turn to violence. When the people can not longer afford to buy food, pay their electric bill, buy gas to go back and forth to work, people are going to be pushed to where they think they have no other option but violence.

The people that have no hope are the same people that vote for the same political party year after year and hope for change. If you want real change, stop voting for the democrats and republicans and vote for another party.

The US government knows that civil unrest is on the way, that is why bills such as the Indefinite Detention Bill. What government that respects the will of the people would want to hold its citizens without a trial? The US federal government is out of control, and the voters are to blame. If you want real change, then vote like it and vote for someone besides the big 2 parties.

How to prepare

If you want to prepare for civil unrest, get out of debt, have money saved up – both on hand and in a credit union, have a stockpile of food, and have a way to secure your home.

Loose lips sinks ships – keep that in mind when talking to people about your preps. Better yet, do not talk about your preps are all.

Talk to close friends and family members about your preps. Talk to everyone as if they were an FBI mole. NEVER talk about violence, as it is never an option, never talk about civil war, never talk about anything that might be considered “radical”. To everyone you meet, be a wolf disguised as a sheeple, observe but never open your mouth.

If you live in a city, talk with a friend that has property in a rural area. Make plans ahead of time so if you and your family have to leave the city, you have a place to go.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
i agree with everything you wrote. Thats why they are passing all these horrible laws. they know whats coming. ive known it for years. i think of ways to prepare everyday and look for ideas from others.from fruit trees to pm to cash in mason jar federal. if folks just would look at how the pension funds have been raided. you can see civil unrest coming

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
I disagree.

We have one ruling class divided into two political parties, to give the illusion of free choice to the people.

look at congress they get in the dems **** offfthe ountry the repubs get in then they **** off and back to dems

no new faces they get in and are there for decades even serious offences there still there.

thats why the tea party was so despised as it upsets the apple cart same with libertarians andthe like they dont typically win because the ruling class tries to prevent it.

·
Garbage Collector
11,364 Posts
My position is that it is too late to fix anything but too soon to start shooting the idiots among us.

The tree of liberty definitely needs to be watered, it's long past due and it's going to get ugly, just wait and see what happens in November 2012.

While me and my friends were off on deployments and getting shot at and dying for what we believed in, the dishonest career political leech duped the retarded among us and predictably f'd it all up.

I was stationed outside the US from 1995 until 2007 and was highly ****ed off when I came back and saw what was done to the place while I was gone.

A few idiots camping in the parks to protest evil capitalism aren't going to cause change, a couple of hundred thousand armed people banging on the gates at 1600 Penn Ave will get noticed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It is my humble opinion that none of the things you mention in and of themselves are worth fighting for. Civil unrest will happen, and the catalyst may be the things you site, but the the fight must be over liberty. It is not the duty of Americans to run and hide, move to a foreign land, or hole up like a hermit while the world comes undone. Our fore fathers assigned us the responsibilty to carry the torch of freedom. If we must be slaughtered like pigs then we must, but our duty remains the same.

I have earned much through the sweat of my brow, but nothing I hold so dear as not to sacrafice it in the name of freedom. If a man cannot walk about the earth as a free man, he has no place. Talking about fighting for freedom, and committing to in your heart is two different things. I'm not a smart man by any standard, nor am I a tough guy thug. I am, however, a man who has tasted the merits of liberty and unwilling to give up those freedoms dispite the cost to me and my family. I fear people like me are few. My fear is not to perpetuate myself as some grand figure, but simply knowing I cannot fight with nobody watching my back.

Preparing to survive civil unrest in my view is not enough. We must prepare to take back the freedoms and liberties stolen by men who seek power, fame, money and perversion. We must commit our hearts to do what is necessary despite what we have to lose. There will be no parade, no medals, and no virgins awaiting us. Most likely our bodies will be dumped in a shallow hole or burned en masse. Our little spot in time can be enjoyed by our children, or cursed by future generations enslaved to the powers that be. The choice is ours to make.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
The solution to this should have been started YEARS ago. The bickering back and forth between the two is only for “show” to get each party re-elected. Has been for a long time and something needs to be done. Problems are with new laws, just being able to pass a single law is impossible, it has to be loaded with crap add-ons added by both sides to get votes. SO to pass a law on let’s say sidewalk crossing it includes changes and or complete new laws to let’s say buy a new car, change insurance company etc… The system WORKS IF it is done like it was written and designed by our founding fathers.

I LOVE this country, I defended this country but now it is not the same country I did that for. We LET this happen nobody is to blame but US some don’t like to hear that and won’t even admit it but it is true.

A lot needs to be done to change it but remember, words & idea’s can make changes. There is a saying, it’s not who you vote for, it only matters WHO counts the votes… Hard to cheat with paper punch ballets… SO they get computerized voting machines and a click of the mouse and you decide who wins… It has been shown and proven that it happens.

Funny thing, Alex Jones… It seems cool to bash him and publicly hate him but like it or not, HE brings things out and backs up what he is showing with links and postings showing you where he got the info. Still people don’t want to look or listen,, That is your choice but don’t complain when your butt is in a vise because you did not open your mind up to just spend 15 minutes of your life to hear what is being said…

I better stop now…

·
Garbage Collector
11,364 Posts
Funny you did not seem to mention over empowered unions which are the umbrella under which each of your highlighted points can be found under.

Now I wonder why that is...

Kev is a fellow Texan, meaning labor union scum aren't welcome here so it is not something most of us even think about.

·
Prepper in Training
228 Posts
Funny thing, Alex Jones… It seems cool to bash him and publicly hate him but like it or not, HE brings things out and backs up what he is showing with links and postings showing you where he got the info. Still people don’t want to look or listen,, That is your choice but don’t complain when your butt is in a vise because you did not open your mind up to just spend 15 minutes of your life to hear what is being said…

I better stop now…
you can find a few interesting articles on his site but overall I find him to be a fearmonger who offers little in terms of solutions to problems he claims exist.

·
Banned
2,687 Posts
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And you've bought into the lie.
Bought into what lie??

You sure seem to be able to falsely read something into sa rather brief statement.

But I get it, honestly, it is come to the defense of the creator of this site.

Not looking for an argument, just making an opinion of what the cause was that drove many of the problems

·
Zombie Ron Paul 2016
1,513 Posts
Loose lips sinks ships – keep that in mind when talking to people about your preps. Better yet, do not talk about your preps are all.

Talk to close friends and family members about your preps. Talk to everyone as if they were an FBI mole. NEVER talk about violence, as it is never an option, never talk about civil war, never talk about anything that might be considered “radical”. To everyone you meet, be a wolf disguised as a sheeple, observe but never open your mouth.
I agree completely with everything except this. The talk to no one mentality is what puts us in the image of crazy rouge loners. To save this country we need the well armed milita we are constitutionally bound to form. I say bound because the purpose of that milita is to protect us from the very government corruption that we have allowed to come to be. If your idea of surviving is hiding alone in a spider hole planning to shoot anyone you see, you are bot a survivalist or an American.

Even the term opsec reeks of fear. I'm not saying hang a sign. But talk to people you feel you can trust. There is no reality in thinking the guy you have worked next to for the last 3 years is actually an NSA spy waiting to catch you planning a potential terrorists attack.

·
Registered
131 Posts
kev, I'm sorry, but what you have said scares me in the disappointed way.

I agree that the current trend of protests will become violent - they already have depending on your source - but I don't see the large problems that you cite being the root of it.
It is still possible to manufacture in the US cheaper than overseas, with better quality. We are almost around that curve, and you may expect to see a rebound in the manufacturing sector in the US economy in the next 2-5 years.
Your inflation parable about the 8% increase on beans is rather weak. Food prices in some cases (canned goods being one) have managed to resist the inflation effect for a while now. Unfortunately, the year or two that they've managed to stay below the inflation rate has caught up.

And how dare you, as an American, speak out against the dollar. (I do as well, but still..)
You're aboslutely right in the sense that the value of the dollar is based purely on belief. Please PLEASE don't encourage people to stop believing in the value of the dollar, or any other traded currency for that matter.

Now, to agree wholeheartedly with you:
DONT VOTE R or D!
Even if your candidate doesn't win, you're still making a statement. The more people who vote "3rd" party, the better chance we have of seeing the end of the 2-party system some time in our lifetime.

America is strong, folks. Plenty strong enough to deal with this current downswing in the economy. Don't give up. We'll rise above this, and we're depending on everyone to do their part. Go look in a mirror. Tell that person staring back at you that America isn't going down on your watch, and then make it so.

Just my humble opinion, I could be wrong.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,855 Posts
Bought into what lie??

You sure seem to be able to falsely read something into sa rather brief statement.

But I get it, honestly, it is come to the defense of the creator of this site.

Not looking for an argument, just making an opinion of what the cause was that drove many of the problems
Not looking for one? I would never come to Kev's defense. He can do that himself. If you honestly believe that unions have created inflation outside of the current two-party system then you have bought the lie that some "right-wing" are selling.

Keep reading brother. Eventually you will learn the truth.

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Well, this Country has had a two party system all it's life, so if that's the downfall, then the whole American experiment was doomed to failure from the beginning.

IMO, the civil unrest is going to come from when the govt is no longer able to give handouts to the entitlement class that votes them in.

·
Banned
2,687 Posts
Not looking for one? I would never come to Kev's defense. He can do that himself. If you honestly believe that unions have created inflation outside of the current two-party system then you have bought the lie that some "right-wing" are selling.

Keep reading brother. Eventually you will learn the truth.
Is this the standard around here? Insulting other members?

And since my original statement was directed at kev, 8it was YOU who challenged it...

right wing...man you are clueless as my standings.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
459 Posts
you can bang a hammer all day and work your tail off,but if D.C prints another trillion while your at work,youve lost money. this has been going on and on for the past few years and yes prices have dramatically risen,across the board so much people can't afford a decent meal,hard working people. Enough is enough,these politicians are only looking out for themselves, tehy could care less about America.they do well when America does bad(see Goldman Sachs short during thenhousing crisis) this election all incumbents will not nget my vote,heck with them toss them out illwrite someone in or vote independant i owe it to my forefathers and my family that sacrificed lives,time overseas to make a statement at least against this bogus two party system that controls basically the world...it is quite funny that the ones who try to argue against how bad things are are exactly the ones who have an invested interest in keeping this poverty ball rolling..rich execs,rich bankers,investment firms,politicians lobbyists all wanna keep the wheel greased and rolling..to save their own hide...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.