Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bunkies!
Just wanted to take a moment to remind one and all to buy a wind-up alarm clock so you will be able to accurately tell what time it is once the SHTF. A simple thing, really, but to spazzes like me -- a necessity.

Just a little food for thought.

Claudia

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think you can get by with just a timer for things like canning, but if you need to co-ordinate with others, e.g. watch standing, a clock will be invaluable.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Time is important. It is how we judge our day, our activities and our lives. It may also help keep insanity at bay when you have a clock to remind you of normal time.

If the SHTF, being able to lead as normal a life as you can, may mean the difference between survival and DEATH.

That is why it is important to practice what we preach. Just so that it will be a normal part of our life if the SHTF.

·
Cosmic Guardian
469 Posts
Time is important. It is how we judge our day, our activities and our lives. It may also help keep insanity at bay when you have a clock to remind you of normal time.

If the SHTF, being able to lead as normal a life as you can, may mean the difference between survival and DEATH.

That is why it is important to practice what we preach. Just so that it will be a normal part of our life if the SHTF.
I think time is a measure of control and something that only 3D humans care about.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Solar watch? I got a wind up watch off ebay a while back that works great, was like 25 bucks including shipping. Old tech but hey, I like it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For the industrial age to function well we needed to become slaves to time. Everyone needed to show up for their shift. Often factories had whistles to signal the start and end of the work day. Other businesses that related to factories needed to also pattern their days after factories or similar businesses.

If the industrial age were to disappear, then time would be less important in our lives and we would live more in sinc with the sun. But if it bothers you, get a wind up watch, wind up alarm clock, or a sundial.

·
The West Coast Kid
164 Posts
I think that a wind up alarm clock/watch is a very good idea. You may only want to allocate a certain amount of time to a task or have plans to meet at a different location with someone where you can't do it any other way (ie. see you at the north side of the like 2 hours before sun rise).

One way or another, keeping track of time will always be an important aspect of a survivalists life.

·
The West Coast Kid
164 Posts
Fair enough, I suppose it really depends on the lifestyle you currently lead and plan to lead post SHTF :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts