Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
One decade later...
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, when it rains, not like a heavy rain, but not a drizzle, if that

will mess up my remmington 870 express magnum? I ask this, because

tomorrow I plan on going hunting for rabbit/squirrel and there is rain

throughout the day, but they do not say heavy or light.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
break it down, wipe it down and oil it down and you will be fine after your hunt.

Reactions: shwnd

·
One decade later...
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
break it down, wipe it down and oil it down and you will be fine after your hunt.
wipe it down after the hunt or before, or both? Also should I use like "rem-oil"

or wd-40? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but do not wanna destroy

my gun.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I wipe my gun down after. i use rem-oil. Works fine.

Reactions: shwnd

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Sorry, yes I was referring to after the hunt. But I do hope you gave the new weapon a cleaning and light oil after you got it.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
True, think about Navy SEALS and their weapons and us old Special Forces types in all types of weather. Keep er clean when you can and she will serve you well.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Don"t use wd-40!!!!!!!!

Don't use WD-40!!!!!!!! For it's a penitraiting oil and it migrates in the firearm and if you use the gun for defense and thus store it loaded, it will sure as hell deactivate the primer. Won't that be a nifty surprise in the moment of truth. That was a one of the first thing cops learn about firearms care and maintance.

Do wipe it down with Rem-oil or other gun oil. In a survival situation motor oil will work, marvile's mystery oil ect. Just make sure it's not a pernetrating oil.

Rifleman 336

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Best bet, Rem oil or go to surplus store and get some GI oil thats what I use a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts