Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured taurus would do this someday, it's a judge that also shoots the .454. I think this would be a good survival gun (with the 6 in barrel atleast) the 410 for small game and birds, and the .454 for everything else. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've always been interested in that Taurus myself.
I would like to think what other members who have owned them think as well.
Looks like a good all around pistol in a multi purpose role.
I have owned a Taurus auto in the past and thought it was a really well made, good quality firearm.

·
Premium Member
14,426 Posts
it is intresting, from what i have seen the 6'' version is massive....for me the 3'' would be more versatile a 4'' would be better. since the 45 colt can be loaded safely to magnum status i am not sure the 454 offers any significant advantage over it givin my choice of a 3'' barrel length and i dont think the .410 is anygood past 4 or 5 yrds so shooting pheseant is probably out......bunny's?....uhhhhh ma-be.....if you can get close enough for the .410 to be effective,snakes? ya it would be good for hunt'n rattler.........

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
I figured taurus would do this someday, it's a judge that also shoots the .454. I think this would be a good survival gun (with the 6 in barrel atleast) the 410 for small game and birds, and the .454 for everything else. What do you guys think?
As a hunting gun, it's pretty worthless unless the birds are really close. The rifling tends to spin the shot pattern open quickly. Makes for a great snake gun but not so great farther out. Also, with the long jump through the chamber, bullet loads aren't all that accurate either. What Tauraus did was come up with a pretty neat conversation piece/oddity for the collection, that doesn't really shoot well with any of it's intended ammo.

·
Frozen Patriot
664 Posts
As a hunting gun, it's pretty worthless unless the birds are really close. The rifling tends to spin the shot pattern open quickly. Makes for a great snake gun but not so great farther out. Also, with the long jump through the chamber, bullet loads aren't all that accurate either. What Tauraus did was come up with a pretty neat conversation piece/oddity for the collection, that doesn't really shoot well with any of it's intended ammo.
Agreed....theres a reason shotguns have no rifling, not to mention the rifling is very shallow which results in very poor accuarcy when shooting bullets...

dan

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,430 Posts
I like the idea, not to mention the 45 "Long Colt" would still work in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.