Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Always Preparing
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. I just bought a new Taurus Raging Judge over the weekend. I'll be shooting it this weekend to get the feel for it. I purchased this particular gun b/c I do a lot of backpacking and hiking in some pretty good bear country up in PA and NY. In New York by one of the finger lakes last fall, we has a bear walk within 50 yards of our campsite and leave some sign behind too. I did have a big clumsy Remington 12Ga super mag shotgun with 3 1/2" Winchester Super-X slugs. That would have taken care of the bear if there were any problems, but it was a pain to hike with. So I got a big clumsy revolver instead. I really like the Judge series, but I have a new problem. I got this giant handgun to carry and hike with, but I can't find a holster for it. Please please please, can someone point me to an inexpensive holster for the Raging Judge? I've only found 2 people who do custom leather work and they're asking $150+ for the holsters. All I need is something simple that will keep my gun near and safe while hiking. If anyone knows of a holster that will work, please, let me know.

·
Always Preparing
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You hike into New York with a handgun and you better have a good lawyer in your holster.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=597451

Look through the Midway selection. They have about 50 models for the Judge in all its forms.
Thanks for the link. The only time we're armed in NY is when actually on my friends property. He's a PA resident, but owns some acreage up there. We have his permission to shoot on his land and stuff like that, but come to think of it, I haven't looked into the carry laws up there. When him and his other buddies go, they all carry all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts