Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've read the book Civil War II: The Coming Break Up of America then you can see how likely it is.
So based on your own thoughts and maybe experiences how likely do you think it is and could one event totally unrelated to race boil over into one that is?

·
Registered
33 Posts
In times of crises race often becomes a common identifier. People naturally seek out those whom are most like them in such times. As sad as it is, race seems to be the most identifiable part of our humanity. Attached to it are our heritage, culture, sometimes even religion, although these aren't always attached to race. Some people out of egotistical pride prioritize their race as above others. While this doesn't mean that a race war is imminent, it will play a factor in any crisis situation. There are too many people in any race group with a better head on their shoulders than to divide humanity so.

I had spent 3 years in prison and could easily see the race division among inmates. Riots were nearly always between races, and secondly among gangs.

Race identification is natural and important among us as humans. But pride taken to far can lead to supreme-racial idealism. I pray we don't go down that road.

·
Watchful and Hopeful
122 Posts
I don't believe race to be such a polarizing issue that it will pit 2 sides against the other. However, I do believe race to be an issue which can create large areas of unrest as it pertains to the individual city, county, and state, but not likely larger than a region.

·
Curious Cat
415 Posts
My answer to this is my answer to most questions.
Follow the money.

If the puppeteers who run the world’s corporations identify a way to profit financially from race wars then we will have race wars.

I personally think they profit by perpetuating a degree of mistrust and finger pointing among races, religions, and nationalities, because it distracts the average person from the wizard behind the curtain.

Whatever wars humanity engages in down the road, you can rest assured they won’t be started by Joe Six-pack.
VW

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
These topics always end up the same here I think. Liberals come in and call everyone a bigot racist. Then somehow the bible thumpers throw in their 2cents. Why can't we all agree that some people just hate other people and that is human nature. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE IS RACIST IN SOME WAY, even the foaming mouth liberal hates a bigot's guts haha GET OVER IT.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
These topics always end up the same here I think. Liberals come in and call everyone a bigot racist. Then somehow the bible thumpers throw in their 2cents. Why can't we all agree that some people just hate other people and that is human nature. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE IS RACIST IN SOME WAY, even the foaming mouth liberal hates a bigot's guts haha GET OVER IT.
I am an equal opportunity azzwhole. I hate everybody! ;)

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
For me it's not really the race of a person but their adherence to cultural racial cliches that I've come to hate. Confused? Well, I'll try to explain. Btw, before I do that, I should mention that I am white, of European descent.

Take black people for example.

I don't hate black people per se but I hate a lot their so called culture: The gangsta music and life style, the botched up English, the pants hanging down to their knees exposing their "cool" gangsta underwear, the pimp mobiles some of them drive, the lack of respect for human life, children all over town, etc.

When a black person fronts that kind of "culture", I automatically write them off and want nothing to do with them.

If a black man speaks properly, dresses in normal clothes, has other interests besides pot and sticking it to the white man, I have zero problem interacting with them and if it worked out that way, I could be friends with them, just like I am friends with any white people.

I don't know what that makes...maybe a culturist as opposed to a racist?

·
Bratach Bhan Chlann Aoidh
1,366 Posts
I had hoped that we had evolved beyond that.
Then there was a loud noise....and I woke up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you're a person of color and proud, you have identity and heritage. If you're white and proud ,you're a racist.:rolleyes:

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
I think it is the responsibility of each culture to police it's own per se regarding culture. I think it is the responsibility of black leaders at all levels to say to black youth "don't call each other n****r, don't dress like a gangster if you don't want to be treated like a gangster, don't call your women bi****s and ho's".

Just as it is the responsibility of white people to tell the white supremacy groups "don't use the confederate flag for hate rallies", or young people "don't call black people n*****s". I can't tell you how many times I've told the Southern Heritage guys at the state house here in SC that they need to be at the KKK rallies telling THEM that confederate flag is for heritage not hate....but NOT be at a state house rally telling people the same thing. Cut it off at the root, not the limb.

But often we don't and we justify NOT doing so by saying "they don't do it either". If you truly have pride in your culture you strive to improve it and protect it, regardless of what other cultures do.

1 - 20 of 397 Posts