Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where the rabbits are in NJ. It seems as if they all disappeared. I realize I took a break from Hunting from 1994 until 2008 but I seem to remember rabbits being in abundance. So..... Where have all the rabbits gone? Anyone?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, since rabbit populations wax and wane with a peak and valley about every three or four years, maybe the last time you hunted them was at a population peak and this time is a period of very low numbers.

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
Not sure about in your area but in Georgia the habitat is the problem many of the old small farms that had fields with low brush cover on the sides was the perfect habitat now with large farms wanting to use all possible land to plant that habitat is gone. I used to hunt rabbit every year but now it is hard to find good hunting land, so I pen raise the rabbits we eat. NZW and California breeds do well.

·
w/ Knowledge Comes Power
83 Posts
Also the number of coyote and birds of prey have risen in the last couple of years though out the country, I know the coyotes have done a number on the rabbits and pheasant around here.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Im in north NJ. I see plenty of rabbits in the lawns and landscaping, but only a single one this season in the WMA areas.

Best bet, air rifle on your lawn. ha .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts