Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first experience breeding rabbits and I laughed until my sides hurt even after I about had my eye poked out. I took 1 doe from her cage and put her in with the buck and watched the buck mount and attempt to breed her from every possible angle as this was his first time. Poor ole girl. LOL!! After he got it down pat and he bred her a couple of times successfully (mainly for my own amusement) I put her in her cage and left so the buck could build up for the next one. I came back opened the other does cage door and was reaching in to get her when ole bucky went nuts (he knew what was coming:thumb:) and the cage door swung shut and I caught the edge of the wire door with my eye. NICE!!! Now I have an eye that has been pouring the water for 2 days, and burns like the ****ens. But, 30 days from today we should have to kindlings of baby rabbits at the house. I hope I can see by then. :xeye:

·
Anvils and Welders
5,034 Posts
Was'nt there a song about this in "Urban Cowboy"?
Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places, I think Johnny Lee sang it.

Tex

·
duct tape engineer
322 Posts
If your eye is drippy please get to the docs! Might have scratched your cornea.

But enjoy the baby rabbits. That old saying, "multiply like rabbits." well, its a fact. And be sure to sex them asap once the babies are born because you'll be shocked how fast you'll have more.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh man I scratched my cornea once, had to take a buck of drops and wear a bandage-like Contact. It fealt so much better. If it hurts for more than a day or 2 get it checkednout.

Btw MMMm MMmmm Rabbit Stew...

·
Registered
126 Posts
My does had to endure some bucks who didn't know which end was which as well. I would get that eye checked out, but I wouldn't give the doctor the whole story XD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts