Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

BASS
To keep myself grounded I look at my preps and pray several times daily. My preps help me to worry a lot less. But I must keep prepping. Hiding my preps from my "anti-prepping wife" is harder. I have filled most of the hiding places already. I have a storage area I am putting things in but those must be in jars or cans. It is pretty dry and I have mouse killing baits in there. But I cannot put in easily damaged preps in there.
My wife is home almost all the time. We are both retired and she doesn't go out often when she does it is usually less than an hour. I have a place I can store a couple of hundred pounds of preps on shelves but I need to build them when she isn't around. 馃槖
The place is in the basement and that is a major problem. I will find a way.... 馃 馃槈

Registered
I鈥檝e made posts addressing this but they are not popular here. Hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions in the US have lived and died certain that destruction was imminent, and that destruction NEVER came. Turn off the TV, don鈥檛 believe the hype, and know that even when things get 鈥渂ad鈥 they are probably going to be fine. You鈥檒l probably have your property, your money, your retirement, your family, until the day you die.

Registered
I鈥檝e made posts addressing this but they are not popular here. Hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions in the US have lived and died certain that destruction was imminent, and that destruction NEVER came. Turn off the TV, don鈥檛 believe the hype, and know that even when things get 鈥渂ad鈥 they are probably going to be fine. You鈥檒l probably have your property, your money, your retirement, your family, until the day you die.
Seriously, why are you here? Shouldn't you be at a black Friday sale or blm rally somewhere?

Registered
One more post. Go back 10 years here. Take a look at the warning posts. See how pretty much none of it ever happened. Realize this most likely will be you again in 2031 looking back at the 2021 posts seeing how none of it happened鈥

Retired curmudgeon
Now just depressed and angry.
There's a lot of that going around. Something's got to give.

millions in the US have lived and died certain that destruction was imminent, and that destruction NEVER came.
Tell that to the people who lived through the Great Depression. It took World War II to get out of it. I guess that was an improvement.

Registered
The sky is always falling to some. I can dredge up thread after thread warning that the sky fell 2, 5, 10 years ago. But there it is, still up in the sky. I suppose if you think it鈥檚 likely to fall, that鈥檚 up to you.

Anyone watch the kid鈥檚 movie 鈥淩atatouille鈥? To paraphrase Anton Ego, 鈥淚鈥檒l provide the perspective.鈥

Registered
I understand the rational, in fact, RB is a rationalist, I am too. Niether of us believe in MadMax, though we both deeply believe in the situational SHTF of short term emergencies. Eh.

Old Soul....never give in to angst or anxiety, its the main tool some group anywhere always uses to shut down thought. Here is a thought, most things we cant stop or change, but we can side step out of thier way, if we maintain caution. Unlike fear, caution expands your perception and thought.

Dune buggies means "trapped in the past"....out of sinc with modern development.......vulnerable to being blindsided. Its very, very easy to do. A form of normalcy bias. Even we have it.

Super Moderator
Trash Remover
No. I鈥檓 just a rational person and not an alarmist. I prepare for what is most likely. Societal collapse is not likely.
Sounds exactly like what was "being preached" in Germany in the past and well...

I Seen A Sighting!
Didn't read every reply. Don't think I can add anything to the conversation anyway. But I WILL say this...

What is happening is unprecedented in MY lifetime. It is unprecedented in the lifetime of my mother, and she caught polio as a youngster during the polio epidemic of the early 40s. But even she says nothing like this has happened where 'germ warfare' has been successfully carried out AND the regime that did it is facing zero repercussions.

Global genocide?

Not tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

IT

IS

REALITY.

It has happened. It IS happening. Right now. Today.

And we have things less human than even Hitler and all his henchmen. What is that? I'll tell you what it is.... the global elite. They run everything, they call the shots. Their whims and personal desires are enacted globally and locally. Don't believe me? Then please ask the widows of police killed by roadies carrying out the anti-police agenda of Soros and his ilk.

We are facing absolutely unprecedented times. Unprecedented actions, philosophies, dehumanization.

Make no mistake. The global genocide of humanity has begun and is ongoing. I know I will likely not survive the next disease loosed on mankind. But I will predict something here and now, with confidence. It will be smallpox, and it will begin in about 4 or 5 years.

I'm leaning heavily on my faith. Prepping all I can. Mostly allowing myself to be totally self absorbed regarding my faith. No more attention wasted on the faithless and the demonic. Their souls are beyond MY ability to reach.

I dream about my deceased relatives almost every night. It's wonderful, very peaceful. I'm about as ready for anything as I can be.

Registered
I don鈥檛 even know what being a troll world be in this context? I prepare. People I know think that I鈥檓 the one warning them the sky might fall. I guess it鈥檚 easier to label me something I鈥檓 not so that I鈥檓 easily dismissed. Which is fine. But I鈥檓 not sure what kind of troll I鈥檓 supposed to be.

Indefatigable
Sounds exactly like what was "being preached" in Germany in the past and well...
What was being preached was "(X) section of society are to blame for all our problems, you must eliminate them before they eliminate you." It's STILL being preached. Even then it wasn't a new sermon.

Reactions: hatchet jack

Registered

Registered
I understand the rational, in fact, RB is a rationalist, I am too. Niether of us believe in MadMax, though we both deeply believe in the situational SHTF of short term emergencies. Eh.

Old Soul....never give in to angst or anxiety, its the main tool some group anywhere always uses to shut down thought. Here is a thought, most things we cant stop or change, but we can side step out of thier way, if we maintain caution. Unlike fear, caution expands your perception and thought.

Dune buggies means "trapped in the past"....out of sinc with modern development.......vulnerable to being blindsided. Its very, very easy to do. A form of normalcy bias. Even we have it.
Agree! You know what they say, great RBs think smile! Lol.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts