Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an XD in 40SW a few days ago for $150.00 (The ole boy needed cash with a quikness)
The pistol is in great condition, and came with 3 mags, but only one mag looks like it has ever been loaded with ammo prior. It also has the night sights, which seem to work ok so far.
Here is some questions for all you XD owners.....

1. Any issues with your XD?
2. Is your XD 40 picky at all in regards to ammo?
3. What kind of personal defense ammo do you use in your XD40?
4. Anyone out there use steel cased rds thru your XD40 for target shooting, anf if so, have you had any adverse effects using this type of ammo thru your XD40?
5. Other?

11B

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I've got one in .45 ACP and have had zero issues with it. I don't know if there are any issues that might be specific to the .40 S&W but I haven't heard anything bad about any of the XDs.

I carry with hollow points and stock up on standard brass ammo. I've never put any steel through mine and I don't stock it, so I can't speak to that.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Off-roadie
895 Posts
$150.00 ? id run te numbers and make sure tat phuckers not stolen. but, the XD is a good one. steel cased stuff is gard on extractors, but have yet to see a FTE

·
Registered
647 Posts
You got a hell of a deal:thumb:
I have one in .45, my brother-in-law has one in .40, we both shoot the cheap WOLF ammo (steal case) for target and have had zero problems at all. I keep a mag full of Federal Hydro Shoks for every pistol I own. Good job, it pays to have a little walking around cash on you:D:

Tbull:cool:

·
"Fast Mover"
236 Posts
I've got a compact XD .40 which is a 4". I love it,
My wife loves it, hell our cats even love it! LOL
It'll eat any brand ammo u put in it.
I bought it for my wife because it's the same model
I used in the army, and I didn't want it to blow up in her face
Like a glock.

Pointblank

Reactions: walcott

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
i sold mine didn't like it.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies so far, both good and bad.:thumb:

The gun is not stolen. A buddy of mine at work has owned this gun for awhile now, but needed some cash in a hurry.
Reason I was askin is that I dont have much hands on with any pistol chambered for 40SnW, and very little with the XD, but have heard good things for the most part in regards to both the pistol, and caliber. (I'm pretty much in the 9mm/38spl/357mag camp up until recently.) It seems like most of the locallaw enforcment people in my neck of the woods carry some form of pistol chambered for the little 40. For being in the right place at the right time with some cash, I'm now able to find out first hand what all the hoopla is about.
So far, I'm all about the ergonomics of the gun itself. It feels better in my mitts than my Glock19, and I like the factory night sights so far. It seems to be well balanced, and seems to weigh a little more than the ole Glock19, but not to the point of feeling "overweight" to me....unloaded. (Havent even picked up any ammo for it as of yet). The 3 mags that sold with it are all 15rd SAI mags. If I end up not liking it, I can most likely get my money back and then some, so what the heck.

Anyone else own an XD? Would love to hear your .02 about it, especially if your XD is in 40SnW:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had an XD-40 service with an EFK SS ported barrel, loved the thing. Ate anything I feed it and never had a mf. Can't remember what it liked best though?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have 3 XD's, 9mm, 40S&W, and 45GAP. All three are exceptional firearms. Zero issues, thousands of rounds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have an XD-M in .40 and it's an exceptional gun. No issues, never jammed. I just use standard FMJ rounds for practice and at home I stagger FMJ and Remmington 180-grain JHP rounds in the magazines. You never know when someone will be wearing body armor.

I wish they had the OD Green available when I bought mine. Looks sweet!

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an XD-M in .40 and it's an exceptional gun. No issues, never jammed. I just use standard FMJ rounds for practice and at home I stagger FMJ and Remmington 180-grain JHP rounds in the magazines. You never know when someone will be wearing body armor.

I wish they had the OD Green available when I bought mine. Looks sweet!

Interesting idea in regards to the stagger between FMJ and your REM hollow point load. Which type is your "lead off" round? FMJ or hollow point? What brand of FMJ do you run thru your XD?

Thanks again to everyone for all your imput. :thumb:

11B

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interesting idea in regards to the stagger between FMJ and your REM hollow point load. Which type is your "lead off" round? FMJ or hollow point? What brand of FMJ do you run thru your XD?

Thanks again to everyone for all your imput. :thumb:

11B
FMJ is the lead off, but IF I ever fire my weapon on anyone, I plan on squeezing off 2-3 rounds immediately. I just use the standard Winchester FMJs (100-round box, the same I use for practice). I'm not too into designer ammo. I just want to make sure it's of good enough quality that it won't misfire or jam my firearm.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FMJ is the lead off, but IF I ever fire my weapon on anyone, I plan on squeezing off 2-3 rounds immediately. I just use the standard Winchester FMJs (100-round box, the same I use for practice). I'm not too into designer ammo. I just want to make sure it's of good enough quality that it won't misfire or jam my firearm.
I have always had reliable results from the Winchester offerings in all calibers from 22lr to 308. ( WIN Q3130 7.62x51mm has always been very reliable and accurate thru our M1A/M14 rifles)

11B

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will the 16rd XDM mags interchange with the XD, provided that both are the same caliber?

BTW...... I mispoke earlier. I have the XD model with the 12rd mags. Not the XDM with the 16rd mags.

11B

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I had the 4" XD45. i loved It but had to sell it for a down payment on a car. I regreat it everyday but i had to have a car. my feance shot it all the time and loved it too, all 100 lbs of her lol. the only thing is that it is one chunck! it is a little too eavy for ccw but that healps on recoil. the slide is really high up sompaired to others but i didnt seem to have problems. if you have weak wrists i'd suggest another gun, but for an all around gun its a great buy, even at $500!

My next pistol will be a glock 17 and/or S&W M&P .40 not sure on which one first.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts