Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Nerd
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall...don't wanna stir up too much...just wanna throw out some stuff to make yall think. Barack Obama has stated a few times that he want's to impose harsher gun laws on the american people...he is even endorsed my many anti-gun organizations (which means nothing, I doubt he looks at who endorses him). He, however, would have to do it slowly through congress and the senate, while the current white house and their party members have already proven that they are all for taking rights away from the people

http://www.infowars.com/print/patriot_act/alexs_analysis.htm

And buddies, that's when we still had a Republican lead congress, so don't gimme none of that.

I'm just saying....In my young, unexperienced opinion, that while Obama might try and take away our ability to own class 3 firearms or something like that, Electing McCain seems like it would make us much more likely to have sweeping reductions in our rights to privacy, and much closer to instilling martial law on this country....the first patriot act was as close to martial law as you can get without soldiers on the streets...how close do yall wanna get?...not saying Mr Obama wouldn't do the same...just saying that McCain's party has already proven it will.

and by the way, I'm not voting for Mr obama... I vote and will continue to vote No Confidence in our 2 party system of government, this is not a Republic like it was supposed to be. I have a hard time doing this, because I know that by not having my vote counted, I'm not contributing to the good health of this country, but i just can't in good conscience let the cycle of idiocy on both sides keep going.

don't get all worked up either...just throwing all this out there.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
We're screwed either way cause they are the same. Read the communist manifesto and you will see we are right on course with it. Disarming the public will come soon enough.

·
Nerd
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody that believes either candidate is pro gun is living in a fantasy world.I don't know if there has ever been two sorrier individuals running for president at the same time in our history.
Oh I dunno...bush/gore was up there pretty good ;)...but yea its pretty bad

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
Bush /kerry was the worst ever IMO, I think the next president is going to have 30 other problems to worry about ,like the economy, Iraq, Iran, N. Korea, health care, etc. and won't have the time to give 2 s**ts about gun control,at least in his first term.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bush /kerry was the worst ever IMO, I think the next president is going to have 30 other problems to worry about ,like the economy, Iraq, Iran, N. Korea, health care, etc. and won't have the time to give 2 s**ts about gun control,at least in his first term.
What he said:thumb:

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
A person would have to be information deprived and extremely myopic to think otherwise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Politics has always been a pick your poison, lesser of two evils type choices. The Second Ammendment is there so that if they want to declare martial law and take away our guns we the people will be able to have a say about that. Their are so many laws now that one has to choose which ones they will obey and which ones aren't worth even bothering with. It doesn't really matter which of the two is elected because getting the president, congress, and the senate to agree on anything is next to impossible as each is looking to control the other by blocking and holding the really important bills hostage.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
I bet President Bush, John McCain, Barack Obama, Al Gore,Hilary Clinton and even John Kerry are more competent to run this country than anyone on this board. If you think you can do a better job than any of them...Please run for office. I'd sure like to see it.
I have respect for all of them. Who want's the responsibility to run this country?
Not me. What a nightmare.:eek:
MattSmith please make a vote that counts. we need someone to run the country. If you have to, flip a coin.
:)

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
I bet President Bush, John McCain, Barack Obama, Al Gore,Hilary Clinton and even John Kerry are more competent to run this country than anyone on this board. If you think you can do a better job than any of them...Please run for office. I'd sure like to see it.
I have respect for all of them. Who want's the responsibility to run this country?
MattSmith please make a vote that counts. we need someone to run the country. If you have to, flip a coin.

i'd do it, its actually pretty easy, when faced with any problem, choice, whatever..........consult the constitution, act accordingly. problem solved, american people happy campers, you a national hero. unfortunatley thats not how any of the above jokers do/did it.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
i'd do it, its actually pretty easy, when faced with any problem, choice, whatever..........consult the constitution, act accordingly. problem solved, american people happy campers, you a national hero. unfortunatley thats not how any of the above jokers do/did it.
:rofl: Now who's the naive one? No really, Do you have any qualifications to be president? Educated?
Foreign policy experience? Executive experience ?
Plus be under the microscope for the most frivolous infraction?
Be my guest. Really, run if you can handle it.
Oh yeah, and you'll need a ton of cash.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Your comment infuriates me. Don't assume that because you are not qualified to lead anything means that the rest of us can't. If this election cycle hasn't proven to you that the person with the best ideas doesn't get elected, then you are hopeless. The person who is supported by the establishment is the one who gets elected. Media actually elects people in this country and that is one sad [email protected] fact.

What is your point? You think we should vote because we can? WRONG! We should vote because the candidate deserves our support. And I can't remember the last time either big party put up a person that I'd trust around a $100 bill on my kitchen table. Neither Obama nor McCain seem to understand a damned thing about our founding principles. They say whatever they think they're audience wants to hear. They talk about funding a specific program to get a Union vote and yet another to get the black vote. Screw both of these ass hats. When the people finally rise up, Pennsylvania Avenue will be lined with the heads of politician on pikes for the world to see and I can think of no more deserving group of people.

Your attitude is the same attitude that has taken this country to the edge of the cliff ... blind patriotism, voting because you can, having a "USA #1" air freshener in your car and never once UNDERSTANDING what the hell this country is supposed to be all about. My kids will probably grow up in a shell of what was once the greatest nation on Earth all because 98% of the people I call my coutrymen are 2 IQ points from being declared legally retarded.

Whatever is about to happen in this country is something the people of America DESERVE. We were charged with the responsibility of protecting our rights and freedoms. Unfortunately, the way the real world works, we won't get charged with "dereliction of duty", we'll be slaughtered or become slaves (not that we aren't already slaves). All because we had to have that shiny piece of $hit BMW and a 4000 square foot home in the "rich" part of town. I hate to be the one to say it but leather interior in a Mercedes is a poor replacement for not getting shot for speaking out against your government.

Hopefully, you realize that not all of that was directed at you specifically. :D:

·
Renegade Vegan
175 Posts
OR, that could be the perfect time to impose an anti gun agenda. think new orleans, too dangerous, protect cops, no one will be allowed to be armed.

http://www.goapvf.org/mccain.htm
Also in 2001, McCain went from being a supporter of anti-gun bills to being a lead sponsor.

Pro-gun allies in Congress who were holding off gun show legislation -- which would at best register gun owners and at worst close down the shows entirely -- were angered when McCain teamed up with Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) and introduced a "compromise" bill to give the issue momentum.

"There is a lot of frustration. He has got his own agenda," one Republican Senator told Roll Call.

After September 11, 2001, McKelvey and McCain, now joined by Lieberman, had a new angle to push gun control.

"Terrorists are exploiting the gun show loophole," AGS ads hyped. McCain and Lieberman hit the airwaves again in a series of radio and TV spots, thanks to McKelvey's multi-million dollar investment.

A Cox News Service article noted that, "The ads first focused on gun safety but switched to terrorism after Sept. 11. Americans for Gun Safety said the switch is legitimate."

However, Second Amendment expert Dave Kopel pointed out that, "the McCain-Lieberman bill is loaded with poison pills which would allow a single appointed official to prevent any gun show, anywhere in the United States from operating."

Ultimately, the anti-gun legislation was killed in the Congress and AGS fizzled out and disappeared altogether. The issues for which McKelvey spent over $10 million are still in play, however, and John McCain remains a supporter of those causes. In fact, as recently as 2004, McCain was able to force a vote on a gun show amendment.

·
Nerd
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It doesn't matter one bit if they are more competent then me to run this country I am not running for president. "they might be horrible, but you'd be worse" is an awful argument. This is supposed to be the best that America can offer, and instead it's a bunch of moneygrabbers selling our freedoms to the highest paying supporter. I can tell you one thing, I might not be able to run a country, but I don't change my views when someone offers me $12. They aren't running for President because they are patriots and want to help America, they are running because their party told them to, and because the President makes like 500k a year and gets free food and doesn't have to make many decisions anymore.

I kinda agree with you on making a vote that counts, but I'm not one that votes for the lesser of 2 evils, I don't vote for any evils at all.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
That's right, Matt.

Flip a coin, or make a determined effort to ascertain which candidate is the better of two evils, and then VOTE.

It makes a difference. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well you have to consider that Obama came out of the Chicago corruption machine and has never voted AGAINST a single anti-gun law. The only reason I'm NOT voting for Obama is because of the 2nd amendment.

Other than the 2nd amendment, where McCain is (slightly) stronger, neither one of them have any real answers or knowledge to get this country prosperous or peaceful again.

So as a self proclaimed survivalist, I love my guns and my right to own them legally. Therefor I will pick the lesser of the two evils on this extremely important subject, McCain.

So yes, I'm not voting for Obama because of the gun laws thing.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts