Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Blessed
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Theres a local shop in my town that sells 500 round count ammo for 7.62 x 39. I want to know your guys opinions on if this is a good deal and is better than ordering online for ammo.

7.62 x 39
500 rounds
non corrosive
MFS is the company who makes the ammo
123 grain
cost is $160.00 out the door.

So basically is this worth it for the price and the fact i can get it quickly? ...Or is it better for me to go online and wait for a dealer to ship 500 rounds to me depending on the price?

Oh yea, it is steel cased and will be used for my arsenal ak if that helps.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you're happy with the price, buy it! You could do a lot of research and buy practically anything cheaper on the internet, but there are other considerations too. You can pay cash, and walk out the door with it. No shipping or sales records to haunt you later. That's worth a lot in itself. Thirty two cents a round isn't bad. I see Wolf for $270.00/1K on the internet, add shipping to that and you're paying the same amount. Sadly, I still remember when Wolf was $100.00/1K.

·
Stargazer Extraordinaire
1,061 Posts
I've been trying to sell a 1K rd case locally for $200 and had no takers, lots of lowball offers though. 32 cents a round seems a little high to me but considering what other MBR ammo is fetching and the shipping cost it might be a fair deal. Besides, you'll long ago forget what it cost if you ever need it.

Rick

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I've been trying to sell a 1K rd case locally for $200 and had no takers, lots of lowball offers though.

Rick
That would be a reasonably low price hereabouts on 7.62.X 39. If its Russian made, you should be able to charge a premium since everybody's out of stock. Most of the online places I've checked say "temporarily unavailable". The only thing at today's gun show was one guy with 3 cases of Yugo milsurp brass cased (which is primo ammo as far as I'm concerned).

·
BulletMaster
1,387 Posts
I'm lucky enough to live close to a local Golden Tiger distributor so I can buy GT X39 ammo for $200 per 1K out the door. For those that want to look for a better deal check here http://gun-deals.com/ammo Just type in your ZIP and it will calculate your shipping cost. You can click on the header over each column and it will sort by high and low in quantity,price,shipping cost etc.

I like AIM Surplus you can get 500 rds. of BB FMJ for $105 shipping will cost you say $20 so you will save yourself money or you buy some extra ammo with the savings.

·
Banned
177 Posts
I bought 500 rounds of Wolf off a guy a couple months ago for $75. I also got 1k non corrosive russian ammo from CTD when they had it on sale for like $220 shipped. There is a local gun shop here trying to sell 500 round corrosive, he said it was non corrosive but it said right on the box that it was and I called him on it and he still tried to say it wasnt, for $200. Thats way to much.

Id say shop around or if you have the money get it. Its up to you lol

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,561 Posts
Not a great price. Last time I checked ammoman, you could get a case of Wolf delivered for about $230 or so. And even cheaper if you checked other online dealers. Just be sure to factor shipping into your calculations to see who really does have the best overall price.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I have seen brass case yugo surplus ammo for 20 cents around at the local stores. It is corrosive but I think it doesn't really matter. A case of 1260 rounds for 250 dollars seems to be the best deal I have found.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
Not a great price. Last time I checked ammoman, you could get a case of Wolf delivered for about $230 or so. And even cheaper if you checked other online dealers. Just be sure to factor shipping into your calculations to see who really does have the best overall price.
+1

You may find cheaper prices per round than ammoman.com but once you factor in the shipping - which is included in the ammoman cost figure, it can make a difference.

·
Blessed
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tula (Ulyanovsk) 7.62x39 122gr FMJ Steel Case-640rd

•122gr steel case
•640rd case (sealed Tin)
•Contains 32- 20rd boxes
•Berdan Primed (non-corrosive)
•Comes with can opener

Just found this online for a local shop 144.95 out the door, i think i'll go with this one. I shouldn't have a problem shooting these with my arsenal ak!

·
Banned
177 Posts
How do you tell? Sorry I'm kinda a noob regarding specs on rifle ammo.
It will usually say non corrosive if it is non corrosive. If you dont see that on the box then assume it is corrosive. Also look for berdan primed. I think it usually is corrosive, however not always. I believe MOST of the spam can stuff is corrosive.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
i have some MFS as well... of note, it is reloadable (brass cased, boxer primed, non-corrosive)... it looks like you can get it for .32 a round which is not bad for brass at all. so if you reload, its a pretty good deal.

i primarily shoot steel out of my AK, but i do have a backup supply of brass in case there ever comes a time when importing of 7.62 x 39 goes away. i have remington, winchester, fiocchi and MFS brass cased 7.62 x 39. i have not really shot any of it though as i primarily blast through the steel stuff first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts