Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Waddy
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received this wonderful pack. Exactly the right size for my needs and fantastically well made. However, there is a feature that I can't figure out. On the top of the highest middle pocket, there is a kind of a double loop. It is about 3/4 inch wide webbing, with a small fixed and sewn in loop. Right on top of this loop is a larger loop, roughly 2-3 " tall which is closed with a snap. Does anyone know the purpose of these loops?

·
Proud American
533 Posts
I just received this wonderful pack. Exactly the right size for my needs and fantastically well made. However, there is a feature that I can't figure out. On the top of the highest middle pocket, there is a kind of a double loop. It is about 3/4 inch wide webbing, with a small fixed and sewn in loop. Right on top of this loop is a larger loop, roughly 2-3 " tall which is closed with a snap. Does anyone know the purpose of these loops?
do you have a picture?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
It's just a little snap to perhaps keep your panels together and to attach rope, paracord or other things to. It's your job to figure out what it can be used for.

·
Waddy
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the picture thing figured out and haven't taken the time to do it. I finally found one review on U-Tube that mentioned the little strap with the snap on it was used to go through the zipper pulls to secure them and prevent unzipping. It makes sense. Some of those "reviews" amaze me. It is totally obvious the person reviewing the article knows nothing about what they are talking about. Too many of them have the audio so low that they are useless. Sorting through the chaff, however, can reveal some real gems!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello!

I registered an account after seeing this as I have seen this question posted quite often. The purpose of the loop with snap is to secure the 550 cord loops for your zippers. Basically if someone were to try and sneak into your pack, it would give them one more obstacle and thus more time for detection. It's also just another way to keep your pouches secure.

Hope this helps!

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
yep - zipper lock to keep people from bustin open your pack when behind you - just some extra security

fantastic pack - I think the best pack that Maxped makes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts