Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just opened an old can of KLIM whole dried milk I purchased in 1999, and was surprised to see that it looks exactly the same and smells exactly the same as the whole dried milk I just purchased at Wall Mart.

What do you think? Should I attempt to use a little of it and see if I get food poisoning? :eek: I have another unopened can, and would hate to toss it if it could still be used.

The cans were stored in a cool, dry location.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Try it out on your mother-in-law. :thumb:

Seriously, if it looks and smell good and the canis undamaged, it should be alright. sip a little but no more than a couple of ounces. If you hold it down or stay off of the pot, you should be in good shape.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was planning on doing. I just really expected it to smell bad since I thought the fat would have gone rancid.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Chances are its not milk!!! probably whitewash.Anyway if its still good after all these years think of all the poisonous preservatives in it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's definitely canned, dried, whole milk. Never opened.

Contents are whole milk powder, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
We had a similar product bought in 1999, opened it a few weeks ago, did the taste test and it was fine.
It was full cream milk powder in a sealed can, export quality, very rich in flavour.
Probably better quality than some of the crap around today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts