Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
agree'd! It seems to last thru time, earth moving and nukes, it's gotta be a miricle material. Imagine a shelter built of that?

·
That's "Ma'am" to you
2,854 Posts
According to snopes those are real pictures but the first is in Hiroshima after the bomb and the second is after the tsunami but is in Otsuchi.

Must be something about the arch shape that makes it more stable than other structures.

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
I'm not sure what its made out of or who made it, but I think if I was the designer/builder, I would use this design to rebuild every structure in Japan to it's specs...It sure would be a great way to advertise your future endeavors...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't wanna get too much into the religious/spiritual thing but maybe because its one of those shrine/temple gates that it made it through. Nothing concrete to base that on, just sayin.

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
But are you *sure* it's not just an artifact in the film or a flaw on the camera lens? quick, go take a pic of a kitten doing something cute and see if it appears again!

rich

·
Ham Extra Class
3,267 Posts
Its not the same arch in each picture, however it is the same design.
It is a tribute to the design that both still are standing after a horrible incident. But to answer the OP, its definitely concrete. I've seen wooden doorways on houses here in the US still standing like this after tornados and hurricanes. I guess it's the arch design that makes it so tough? I also guess this is why they say to stand in a doorway during an earthquake or tornado.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts