Survivalist Forum banner

Question about Washington law and youtube question

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  ThomasWarr 
#1 ·
So I'm finally fleeing California to live on a farm in the pacific northwest where guns aren't as evil. Money's tight at the moment but hopefully i can find a job and start saving. My question is does anyone know of a youtube channel or website that focuses on budget gun reviews? There are plenty of budget guns online and at the stores in the area I'm moving to but I'd like to know a bit about them.

Also In Washington it is illegal to buy a handgun if you are under 21 (as is with the most if not all of the country) but is it illegal to have a family member give you the gun?

#3 ·

Also In Washington it is illegal to buy a handgun if you are under 21 (as is with the most if not all of the country) but is it illegal to have a family member give you the gun?
Federally, it's only illegal for a FFL to sell a handgun to anyone under 21. You'll actually find that in the majority of states, it's perfectly legal for an 18 year old to buy one in personal sale.

You'll have to confirm Washington state law for the correct answer. Can only tell you that private firearm transfer for both handguns and long guns is legal there, but don't know about whatever age requirements.

- OS

#4 ·
The wiki page is a good overall summary of WA gun laws.

Washington Gun Laws

In WA you must be 18 to legally own a long gun and 21 to legally own a handgun but if with an adult you may be in posession, so long as the adult is legally allowed to own a gun.

Overall Washington has really good gun laws with the exception of not allowing SBR's (Short Barreled Rifles) it must have a barrel no shorter than 16" or overall length of 26". The only exception is a SBR with a pinned? Suppresor (Nonremoveable) which meets the overall length and barrel length requirements. Oh and no Fully Automatic machineguns unless purchased prior to 1994.

Hope that made sense.

Compared to the draconian gun laws of Kalifornia you will be pleased.
Welcome to a relatively Free State. :thumb:

Oh, and Oregon has no Reciprocity with WA on CPL's. :mad:
In Fact Oregon has NO RECIPROCITY with any other states! :rolleyes:

To obtain a CPL in WA only requires filling out a form, paying $45? and waiting a month for background clearance. I believe it is good for 4? years.

Be Prepared, :)
OBW

#5 ·
So I'm finally fleeing California to live on a farm in the pacific northwest where guns aren't as evil. Money's tight at the moment but hopefully i can find a job and start saving. My question is does anyone know of a youtube channel or website that focuses on budget gun reviews? There are plenty of budget guns online and at the stores in the area I'm moving to but I'd like to know a bit about them.

There is so much out there that you would need to be more specific on what type of firearm you are looking for.

There are probably at least 30-40 different manufacturers of DAO handguns for example.

What are you looking for?

#7 ·
I also recommend you get a Utah or Arizona CPL, it is good for Washington as well and is good for about 30+ other states with the obvious exceptions of Kalifornia and Oregon. Since it is also good for Washington it's worth the extra effort so you are good for so many other states.

Oregon you can get by having a handgun safety certification class, which you will have if you get Utah or Arizona and it is a shall issue state.

Just don't let them lapse, I did once and it was embarrasing when I went to purchase a handgun and the guy pointed out it expired two weeks before. :eek::

Just MHO

#11 ·
Stay East of the Liberal KomiSeattle and the I -5 corridor. Living in Eastern Washington is far better than stepping into Liberals piles of. OK you know what I mean. Yep you can buy and own a rifle. Handgun is 21. Not sure about the long term lending thing. Get up here and ask your local sheriff. They mostly are nice people.

#14 ·
LOL, that's what you get for living in the Emerald City, it's ran by dream-psychos. Get out of King and Pierce Counties and the rest of the State is pretty awesome.

But alas, the mindless munchkins in OZ will eventually turn WA into Commiefornia North. They've already got off to a pretty solid start in Oregon.

If I had the money to just take all my family and closest friends anywhere in the country it would be Idaho, Wyoming, Utah or North and South Dakota.

Used to be Montana too but all the Hollywood Cowpies have already begun ruining that state like they did Colorado.

It always amazed me how Californians would move North to Oregon because they ruined their state only to want to enact all the same laws they enacted which ruined California. If you want California laws STAY in Commiefornia!

Be Prepared,
OBW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.