Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an option somewhere to allow the most recent activity to a threat to be shown at the top? I know I have the option to manually click on the last page, but then I have to scroll to the bottom to see the most recent activity. The ideal is to be able to click on the thread and it will automatically take me to the bottom of the last page, i.e. to the most recent activity. I usually check up on things daily so don't have to worry about missing stuff if I do this.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,300 Posts
Not that I know of but I’m an old geezer so maybe someone knows more than me.

·
Banned
4,841 Posts
Is there an option somewhere to allow the most recent activity to a threat to be shown at the top? I know I have the option to manually click on the last page, but then I have to scroll to the bottom to see the most recent activity. The ideal is to be able to click on the thread and it will automatically take me to the bottom of the last page, i.e. to the most recent activity. I usually check up on things daily so don't have to worry about missing stuff if I do this.
There is a "view first unread" at the top of the page it will take you to the 1st unread post.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,594 Posts
If you hit UserCP it gives you a list of your subscribed threads that have been added to.
if you look to the right, you see the name of the last poster in each thread.
If you click on that little arrow thing to the right of their name, it takes you to the last post in the thread.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
7,304 Posts
The down arrow to the left of the thread title in the list will take you to the first unread post in the thread, if that is what you are asking.

·
Jack of all trades
228 Posts
Go to your "User Control Panel" and find "options & settings". Then "Thread options" or something similar. There's a drop down menu there to change between oldest/newest first (and a couple of other options).

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Go to your "User Control Panel" and find "options & settings". Then "Thread options" or something similar. There's a drop down menu there to change between oldest/newest first (and a couple of other options).
^^^^^^^^^

This may be what he's looking for.

If he sets his default thread display mode to "linear newest first", threads will open with posts in reverse order; meaning with the last post being at the top of the first page (last post being the first post in thread). So, he would be reading posts in reverse order from newest to oldest.

How to:

Click on UserCp

Under Your Control Panel

Settings and Options
Edit Options
Scroll down to Thread Display Options
Reset your Thread Display Mode to "Linear Newest First"
At the bottom of the page click "Save Changes"

If this turns out not to be what you wanted, go back and repeat the process with Linear Oldest First (The standard setting)

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,110 Posts
How are you going to know the original intent of the thread if you start at the most recent post. Quite often a one-on-one argument is going on. If you are new to the thread you cannot even tell what the argument is about much less the OP.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How are you going to know the original intent of the thread if you start at the most recent post. Quite often a one-on-one argument is going on. If you are new to the thread you cannot even tell what the argument is about much less the OP.
Good question! But I usually check SB every day, so that will not be a big problem...just scroll up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts