Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you fill me in on how the Cz 52 shoots handles and its reliability. I have been thinking about trying one for some time now, but have heard very little about them. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have one, reliability has always been fine, never had a jam. It handles OK, ergonomics are weird but it is fairly easy to shoot.

Two things to be concerned about. One is the firing pin, the factory ones were made of cast iron and can break if dry fired a lot. They are probably just not tough as you'd like for a survivalists pistol. You can buy new pins that are steel, good quality, and cheap....another thing I need to purchase.

Second thing is the de-cocker. I've heard sometimes they can fail after all these years and when you de-cock it actually fires the pistol. Mine has always worked but I only tested it out at the range. Just don't use it and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cz52 rocks. Great penetration and more fun to fire than my .45 with a good bit of muzzle flash.

I consider it my poor man's 5.72x28. Saw a video where is went well through a kevlar helmet. Didn't happen for the 9mm, .45, .357, or .44 magnum.

Make sure you do not use bad ammo. The CZ52 sites show how to identify the mil surplus that has been too hot for even these pistols. Most mil surplus should be fine.

+1 on the firing pin. I am buying one before gun parts get outlawed.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
yes, they will penetrate kevlar and bullet proof vests I am told. Funky but powerful round.

Reactions: harhey

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
(1)Replace the firing pin with a titanium firing pin, and then it is the AK of handguns, completely reliable.

(2) One inch drop at 100 yards, fires about as fast as an M1 carbine.

(3) Will punch right through level 2 body armor, like butter.

(4) Is way to cheap for what you are getting, and the spring is wrapped around the barrel.

(5) Shave down the mag catch a little, but not too much, and you can change mags pretty quickly.

(6) They practically give a case of ammo away.

(7) Extra magazines are fairly cheap.

(8) Will shoot PISH sub gun ammo, if you can find it.

So it is a very good weapon, and is definitely a great handgun.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
7,547 Posts
The decocker issue was addressed. If the upgraded decocker has been installed there will be a Z stamped on the left side at the rear of the trigger guard.

You can get hollow points. The easiest to find now are the Wolf Gold 85 gr. JHP.

9mm barrels can still be found for them. They feed better with 124 gr. ball ammo. Some ranges frown on using 7.62X25 because "It tears up the steel plates". So I put in the 9mm and they are happy.

Too bad it burned up in the fire.

·
I told you so!
2,707 Posts
Yeah get one! the sights are a little small for me +1 for firing pin, also lost extractor once, other than that good all around hand gun. JT

·
I hold the high ground
378 Posts
I have one I'm looking to trade, its a factory 9mm conversion with matching numbers on barrel, slide and frame. PM for more info and pics. Good pistols and built like a tank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts