Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...l/news-story/93e7656da0cff4fc4d2c5e51706accb5

Coronavirus Australia: Queensland researchers find ‘cure’, want drug trial

A team of Australian researchers say they’ve found a cure for the novel coronavirus and hope to have patients enrolled in a nationwide trial by the end of the month.

University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research director Professor David Paterson told news.com.au today they have seen two drugs used to treat other conditions wipe out the virus in test tubes.

He said one of the medications, given to some of the first people to test positive for COVID-19 in Australia, had already resulted in “disappearance of the virus” and complete recovery from the infection.

REST AT SITE

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Not just Australia. The UK has banned export of these drugs already. And s Korea and China have used them.

It may be a “cute “ but I don’t know if it will help with the financial issues.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The article said it worked but it wasn't tested under controlled environments. Which means they actually have no idea if it worked or not, they just gave it to some people and those people got better at some point. Really the only thing you can take from this is that it might be a treatment but it needs real testing.

·
Over and Out
3,007 Posts
These HIV drugs have been used before and they seem to work..
Only one is an experimental for HIV.. the other, "Chloroquine", is a common anti-malarial drug, with relatively low-level side-effects (compared to 'quinine', which - yes - is the 'bitter' found in tonic water..)

..I've taken Chloroquine before (pre-travel to Central America, first time..) and it was of little consequence (side-effects wise..) IIRC, there might have been some abdominal-cramps or something, but if I can't solidly remember, then it mustn't have been all that bad..

Interesting proposals, and I can see, chemically, how the Chloroquine would work well on a virus.. But, like you say.. We shall see.. :cool:

jd

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
13,989 Posts
North Korea has a "cure" too.

But it's worse than the virus. It's a bullet to the head.

9am: Infection totals: 1
9:15am: Infection totals: 0

10am: Infection totals: 1
10:15am: Infection totals: 0

And so on...

·
Premium Member
4,491 Posts
Unfortunately
This seems to be true
I bet they have COVID-19 out the wazoo
If it killed little rocket man that would be a betterment

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Im not taking any nationwide trials until I see the effect it has on more gullible people. This whole calamity stinks to high heaven of a load of horse manure. Whether the virus is legit, better or worse than they are making out, the deliberate fear mongering by the media is real. And big business across the 1st world now lobbying for 'bail outs' in advance also makes the stink even worse. I am just waiting for a bunch of new permanent travel and security laws to come in like they did with terrorism. It dismays me that anything that happens these days is an excuse for legislators and billionaires to get their nose in the trough. And the average person with his 2 digit IQ finds the most alarming aspect of the whole thing the shortage of toilet paper....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts