Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Terra Nullius
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From CNBC via Drudge this morning:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43233866

How high do you think they will raise the silver margin this time, to temper the money flowing out of the stock market?

Kind of difficult to put this genie back in the bottle. Reminds me of the little boy trying to hold back the leaks in the dike with his thumbs.

CSM101[/COLOR
Action Direct

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
From the article

“That cash injection will have the normal inflationary knock-on impact, driving back up commodities, supporting industrial stocks, dragging the financials up with them… I think it’s all about the monetary injection trade,” Maughn told CNBC.

However, here is the article with the opposite view from the same website

"The recovery of Citigroup and Bank of America provided famed hedge fund managers like Lee Ainslie and Jeff Altman some of their biggest gains last year, but now the smart money is getting out while the getting is good."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43147574

I am f$#%ing confused :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
385 Posts
If the banks had to report operating earnings WITHOUT the capital provided by bailouts AND they were required to mark their assets to real values (housing) I suspect there would be an immediate implosion of the banking industry. That's why the whole financial system is a stinker. Valuations are baseless. Stock P/E is astronomical- who's buying?
Oh yeah, the FED- directly or indirectly.
Then again, with a fiat currency at the center of it all there's no matter. The whole thing is utter fantasy. Stocks, bonds....really, any paper. Nearing worthlessness.
Getting one's news input from official sources is a total sham. CNBC, CBS--whatever. I tend to watch the PBS Newshour, and just laugh at the "reasoning" behind market activities. The market was up or down based on earnings reports or employment numbers? Nah. Just laugh.
It's delusion. It's like people indebted for $500K feeling rich because they have $200 in their wallet. Madness.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
We shouldn't keep using econo-babble to describe it. "QE" is just a euphemism for legalized counterfeiting, a gross Moral Hazard, political patronage, reward for plundering. Insult to injury.

These problems run much deeper than fiat currency. It's just easier with digital currency, since they don't even need to print it up (let alone confiscate it, as with gold).

·
Terra Nullius
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This same fiat paper will be what drives the price for physical commodities such as silver back to the highs of last month. The physical spot price of commodities really should be divested from the paper value of the markets.

Real silver is so much more valuable than paper silver. The markets should reflect this reality. It will only get worse with another round of Quantitative Diseasing

CSM101
Action Direct

1 - 6 of 6 Posts