Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not hiding. Hunting.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, i was really surprised to see this on the news tonight, i dont live in the rainbow area, but i am in the Fraser coast.

Wonder if more events like this will occur in the near future, only time will tell. I thought i might share it with you all. Of course it will be down played as a everyday normal "event" as most things are in this upside down world.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...on-rainbow-beach/story-e6freoof-1226082169111

·
Lonesome Road
1,015 Posts
I didnt see a picture, is there a picture?

·
Not hiding. Hunting.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not at the moment nunrush, since this event only happened yesterday, i did see new footage on the TV just 10 mins ago.

It will be up in a few days maybe even tomorrow, i can assure you that.:thumb:

·
Lonesome Road
1,015 Posts
Ok I'll look it up tomorrow, thanks.

·
Not hiding. Hunting.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for linking the video to the thread ToeCutter, much appreciated. Hopefully more photos will come soon, and i wonder if it will swallow all of inskip. If you look on google map at inskip peninsula, it forms out into a point of the coast, with the estuary on the left & the right facing the sea.

I have camped there before and most of the peninsula and point is sand..

Will this sinkhole consume the whole of inskip? I cant say, only time will tell. And it is eroding rapidly, hopefully this event will not be downplayed & more media coverage will happen.

I also wonder if this will start to occur internationally, as well as Fraser island, the Largest sand island in the world could start to crumble into the sea. As it is so close to inskip point and where this is happening.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Happens often up around that way, when tides winds and currents get together.

Check out some 4wd club boards, they know about it (and some freaky types can predict it)

·
Not hiding. Hunting.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Happens often up around that way
Erosion the size of houses yeah, but not like this, this is something else completely.

As the park ranger of the area said to the news reporter, "All my life ive lived here i have never seen nothing like this."

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Erosion the size of houses yeah, but not like this, this is something else completely.

As the park ranger of the area said to the news reporter, "All my life ive lived here i have never seen nothing like this."
He can;t be very old then - I have a pick from about 84 with 2 LCT's sitting just inside the point dropping sandbags into a very similar hole.

·
Not hiding. Hunting.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He can;t be very old then - I have a pick from about 84 with 2 LCT's sitting just inside the point dropping sandbags into a very similar hole.
That's good to know then, it would be a shame if inskip does fall into the ocean, it is a nice camping area for family's.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
That's good to know then, it would be a shame if inskip does fall into the ocean, it is a nice camping area for family's.
Yup, and thats why $wd clubs spend a lot of time working to stop erosion up there. The Cherry Venture should have gone "back to the sea" many years ago, but they have tried their best to preserve it too.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Too bad the same thing can't happen to wherever you live, take out you and your family. Why are you wishing harm to a lot of innocent people?
Nasty People are nasty, they may never have been to the redwood forests, or had a picnic on the norcal coast, raced rc cars in Sacremento etc.

electrdave, we may not love you, but we don't all hate you:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts