Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a heavy duty green BDU style pants issued by the U.S. military in a nylon/cotton mix in years past.

The fabric was 50/50 nylon cotton mix and it was to go over the regular bdu pants. An overpants with pockets.

Called M65 field pants or trousers, cold weather, cotton and nylon. Used I believe for cold weather.

Anyone have any experience with this type of pants?

Are field pants still issued by the military?

I was thinking of putting a pair away if I ran across a set. The fabric was pretty durable and good for dry cold.
Thanks.

·
Wire Guided
933 Posts
I was issued them for cold weather training in 1995. They are readily available on the surplus market in both OD and camouflage.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I was actually issued an OD pair in 2002. I don't remember using them much and they were well used already, but I wish they were still issued.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
I was issued Field pants in Ft. Lewis Korea Ft. Carson 72- 76. They are great thyey help to keep you warm & dry. And lot's of extra pockets.
XR750

·
Avoidance & Deterrence
2,832 Posts
Now you did it, I have to have a pair.

I have an expert looking for me a pair, but be sure that you get the milspec NYCO M-1981 Woodland material or the old OG-107 not the cheap Chinese copies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts