Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pyrethrin is far less toxic to mammals, and is considered by some as the replacement to modern synthetic insecticides.

Pyrethrin is biodegradable, breaks down easily on exposure to light or oxygen. And is considered one of the safest insecticides for use around food.

So you home gardeners out there that will be looking for a pesticide, take a look at Pyrethrin before you pick up the sevin dust.

·
28 Days Later
1,647 Posts
kev have you ever tried natural means to protect your garden? as in natural predators to crop eating insects or plants that ward off insects?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I can't speak for Kev but they work well for me. You need to grow the nectar plants to support them though. Still pesticides, especially "soft" ones like soap and Pyrethrum, give you a valuable emergency option.

·
28 Days Later
1,647 Posts
I can't speak for Kev but they work well for me. You need to grow the nectar plants to support them though. Still pesticides, especially "soft" ones like soap and Pyrethrum, give you a valuable emergency option.
have you ever tried Venus fly traps and Pitcher plants as well?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Played with pitcher plants when I lived in Florida: hard to grow bog plants in most places that actually eat very few insects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts