Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, is this like Sigmund Freud meets our modern political leadership?

Good points here in that if a politician feels no real emotional connection to issues or people, no empathy, likes to be the center of attention, has a unique ability to read what an audience wants and then is able to charm them then they fit the characteristics of psychopaths! If one marries a psychopath then they know the damage that such people can cause most of the time -- but maybe if we elect them to office we are in for trouble on a national scale!!!

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
does this mean we can hunt them down now? I'm bored :thumb:

Reactions: nunrush

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they sure don't act like it.
True, except in the eyes of those they charm they are godlike. One thing I should mention is that psychopaths are capable of love but generally only for those they consider 1st degree relatives. They can even be overindulgent parents -- which, if shown playing with their kids on TV makes the audience believe they are really sincere people. However, they see the public as nothing more than statistics -- potential voters.

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
The problem ain't a new one. Kipling wrote, in "Cleared..." back in the 1880s,...

"...If black is black, or white is white, the Learned Court perpends,
We are not ruled by murderers, but only by their friends...."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem ain't a new one. Kipling wrote, in "Cleared..." back in the 1880s,...

"...If black is black, or white is white, the Learned Court perpends,
We are not ruled by murderers, but only by their friends...."
Well, it would explain the predatory nature of government power.

·
some strange Nordic man
1,103 Posts
Nah, they are still people after all.
One could argue that they lack the specific emotions and brain chemistry we consider to be uniquely human and therefore are not people.

Technically they are H. Sapiens but, really, that's just a technicality right? Horseshoes and hand-grenades and all that.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
True, except in the eyes of those they charm they are godlike. One thing I should mention is that psychopaths are capable of love but generally only for those they consider 1st degree relatives. They can even be overindulgent parents -- which, if shown playing with their kids on TV makes the audience believe they are really sincere people. However, they see the public as nothing more than statistics -- potential voters.
The name - Adolph Hitler comes to mind.

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
All politicians have excuses. The good ones don't use them. Same thing with the psychology of crime. In the end it boils down to what excuse the public is likely to accept for misconduct on the part of a killer or a politician. Anthony Weiner cones to mind now. Bill Clinton with his denial of sexual misconduct with Monica L. See what I mean?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts