Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For over a year now, groups like Students for Concealed Carry on Campus have been trying to extend Right-to-Carry onto college campuses. The gun-control crowd hates the idea, and says there's no reason for any student to have a firearm for self-defense.

Tell that to the student at Middle Tennessee State University who was recently the victim of an attempted robbery on campus. The 22-year-old student was walking to her car late one evening when a man with a gun tried to rob her. Unarmed, she still did her best to fight back, but the robber got off one shot.

Thankfully, the bullet hit the student's purse and not her. But ask yourself … if it was your daughter walking to her car in the dark, would you rather she be able to defend herself with a purse ... or a pistol?

More...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I definitely agree.
Maybe not even as extreme as a pistol, why not pepper spray or a fixed knife?
in wind pepperspray can end up debilitating the user, and you need to get close to use a knife... neither offer a valid all around option... if the attacker has a gun you need a gun plain and simple, if the attacker doesnt have a gun they picked the wrong victim...

:zombie

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
Robbing takes close encounters. Knife is good for close encounters. Where is the problem? It specifically says the man tried to rob her and she fought back. If she fought back, he must be close enough to use a knife.

So I believe it is an option. You can think what you want.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
Robbing takes close encounters. Knife is good for close encounters. Where is the problem? It specifically says the man tried to rob her and she fought back. If she fought back, he must be close enough to use a knife.

So I believe it is an option. You can think what you want.
So you think I can't pull a pistol out and rob you from twenty feet away?

I can't stand a safe distance away from you with a pistol pointed at you while you throw your wallet to me?

Robbing someone does not have to be a close encounter.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
So you think I can't pull a pistol out and rob you from twenty feet away?

I can't stand a safe distance away from you with a pistol pointed at you while you throw your wallet to me?

Robbing someone does not have to be a close encounter.
That is true. Sorry, too early for me. I'm only human.

But for this particular situation, how could the woman fight back? Saying no? She'd be dead if it were him telling her to throw her wallet over and she said no. So there are many variables that can alter the situation.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
I remember a story.

An off duty cop was once robbed at gunpoint, the robber asked for the cops wallet and he said "alright, let me get it, it's just around here." The cop moved his hand to his rear, drawing his handgun, and disarming the robber at the same time, He then ordered the criminal to strip down to his underwear (it was -20 F outside) and he handcuffed him to a metal pole and called an on duty officer to pick him up.. how AWESOME is that? :D

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
Thats pretty awesome.

On trutv, I saw a criminal rob a convenient store and there was an off duty cop. The cop pulled out a gun and told him to get down. Criminal gave up. lol

·
"Et si omnes ego non"
246 Posts
I think the current trend for the mindset is to be alive and give up your valuables so the perp wont hurt you.

Unfortunately, I live in a CCW unfriendly state so handguns are a no-no. I know a lot of people whose response in a question like "If you saw someone just break into your house, what do you do?" Their usual response is to call 911 and hide in the bathroom, closet or actually cooperate with the robber so they can live. Its pitiful to see humans hiding in the corner and others would take advantage of them. I think if you're in clear and present danger, its your right to defend yourself, with a gun, purse, taser, knife or anything.

thats the end of my unintelligent rant....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I definately believe in "Street Justice" and Self Defence but keep in mind that whatever weapon you choose to carry, be prepaired for the bad guy to attempt to take it away and use it on you especially if the bad guy is unarmmed at the onset and the only avenue of escape is to take your weapon, use it on you and flee.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
- or a bra.

I keep my .22 magnum NAA Black Widow in my bra, but then I can, at 38DD.

I can draw that weapon pretty quickly.

I also keep a good folding tanto-style blade combat knife on my belt. A perp can deal with either being cut or shot - it's his choice.

I'll castrate the &*()()[email protected]

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
- or a bra.

I keep my .22 magnum NAA Black Widow in my bra, but then I can, at 38DD.
Years ago... 1984... I did my master's thesis on whether reports of crime in the newspaper accurately reflected true crime (they didn't.) But in one of the reports "little Willie" pulled a knife on "Big Mama" insider her cafe. She reached into her cleavage and pulled out a 38. He voted with his feet.

There were two other incidents that I recall. There was a multiple-exposure flasher on the southwest side of town but the women could never identify him because they never looked at his face, apparently being quite awed by his equipment. Those cases were never solved.

But the bizarre one involved a little old lady. She was driving after dark to a distant part of the state. Late at night someone tried to wave her down but fearful she drove around the man and kept on driving. She visited with her relative and the next day returned home. About a week later she thought something wrong with her car so she took it to the local mechanic who found parts of a body in the engine well. Apparently the fellow who tried to wave her down had hit a pedestrian who was in the road, and she ran over the fellow a second time. Since they could not figure out which run over killed him no charges were filed. (Florida by the way has since done away with that loop hole. Now both could be charged even if they don't know which one did it. This is particularly useful in prosecution of boy gang killings where the victim is shot several times and it is unknown which bullet did the honors.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts