Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
That'll be the day...
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted a Grendel for at least 5 years and just pulled the proverbial trigger.....

Nope... didn't purchase a bolt gun, like I thought I wanted, I went the AR route....

I already own a 7.62 AR Mutant... so I simply purchased a 6.5G upper with a 20" Stainless barrel.

I also dropped the coin on 500 rounds of the 100gr variety.

I'm stoked to see how this gun will perform on dirt-dogs this spring and hope it is accurate out to 300 yards or so.

This "value" scope was on my 556 AR for a couple of years and is rock solid.... but I went to open sights on my 556 and this scope has been sitting.... so now it will go on the Grendel.

4-16x50 with illuminated reticle.

Rectangle Font Electric blue Auto part Electronics accessory

Hand Arm Human body Font Tints and shades

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have been looking for brass. Scarce and expensive.

·
Registered
None of your business.
3,418 Posts
I have wanted a Grendel for at least 5 years and just pulled the proverbial trigger.....

Nope... didn't purchase a bolt gun, like I thought I wanted, I went the AR route....

I already own a 7.62 AR Mutant... so I simply purchased a 6.5G upper with a 20" Stainless barrel.

I'm stoked to see how this gun will perform on dirt-dogs this spring and hope it is accurate out to 300 yards or so.

This "value" scope was on my 556 AR for a couple of years and is rock solid.... but I went to open sights on my 556 and this scope has been sitting.... so now it will go on the Grendel.

View attachment 410841

View attachment 410842
nice upper.

Just a few tips:
1. use a full-size A2 stock with rifle length buffer tube (5oz).
2. See if you can get an adjustable gas block for it (I doubt the one it comes with is adjustable)

doing the above will tame it quiet a bit.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking this thread was about.
I thought to myself, who would buy one of those things?
The answer is ME.. and mine doesnt even work. lol. Got it for next to nothing though. Got parts, just gotta get time to fix. Pretty much like my Keltec, but my actual one has been coated FDE on the frame.

·
Registered
261 Posts

View attachment 410841

View attachment 410842

·
Registered
261 Posts
FYI, Uintah Precision makes bolt action uppers for AR pattern rifles in a variety of calibers, with tri-lobe bolts which are supposed to be more accurate than the two lobe (Remington) style. So you can have your cake and eat it too if you already have an AR and want a diff caliber in a bolt gun.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I love my Grendel, but I use 123 grain tip bullets. Bought all the brass and bullets I could before things went crazy. Running low on primers and powder now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I love my Grendel, but I use 123 grain tip bullets. Bought all the brass and bullets I could before things went crazy. Running low on primers and powder now.
yeah as soon as our Gov started to regulate ammo I got a bunch of reloading supplies then covid broke out and I couldn't get primers so I have all the reloading stuff I need but no primers, at least I stocked up a bit on ammo before they banned through the mail buying.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Love the Grendel. I use 123 grain sst’s iirc. I honestly can’t tell the difference between 556 and 6.5 with my setup. MOA groups. I want to stretch its legs soon. 100 yards is nothing for it. They are considered 800 yard guns.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts