Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened almost a week ago, it hasn't been mentioned in here

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/su...enforce-public-charge-immigration-restriction
The Supreme Court will allow the Trump administration to enforce, for now, its "public charge" immigration restriction, lifting a pair of preliminary injunctions issued by federal judges.

The Monday order followed a 5-4 split vote that divided the court’s conservatives and liberals.

At issue is the administration’s rule issued in August that would restrict immigrants entering the United States if the government believes they will rely on public assistance, such as housing or health care benefits. Lower federal courts had blocked the policy from being implemented while the issue is being litigated.
You guys are slacking :D:

BTW, as of right now, the other side promises this:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/berni...o-screen-immigrants-for-potential-welfare-use

This went to a 5/4 vote in the SCOTUS

Would this have gone this way without Trump's SCOTUS picks?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Its about time. Why would we want to import more welfare recipients? We have enough as it is. I think we also need a probationary period of five years for legal immigrants who would come here just to enter our hand out system. Also prevent the newcomers from bringing in more welfare recipients such as children, disabled and parents, etc.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
If "aliens" can't bring money and productive skills with them when they slither over the border then they can stay home. We don't need you bringing your inferior "culture" to our towns and cities and welfare offices. We have enough problems to deal with as it is. We don't need to fix yours as well. Quit sucking America's blood!

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,695 Posts
Many countries have some sort of policy in regards to one being financially
independent to immigrate, or become an ex-pat etc.

Considering our country's debt, we should not allow people to come here who will suck at the govt.'s teat.
Many do but it’s open to widespread abuse as the person who gains citizenship just carousels the initial funds back to the home nation ready for the next migrant.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey....

At least he's doing something aside from kicking the can down the road

I'm damn glad he's got the keys to the car!

Can't say that about the do-nothing Dems and the RINO's

The Dems keep losing, Trump keeps on truckin'

·
Basket of deplorables
2,348 Posts
Sens. Tom Cotton-TX and David Purdue-GA have sponsored S.354 a/k/a
The RAISE Act.

Reforming American Immigration for Strong Employment

This is a step in the right direction.

S. 354 Summary here:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/s354/summary
I go back and forth with what side of the fence I sit with this. In one hand America needs legal immigrants as they can and do benefit this nations work force and population. On the other hand if they come here and immediately go onto long term government assistance they are not benefiting the country much at all unless they get on their own two feet. Some of the issues are it can take one to two generations to integrate here and become what most consider successful. The other is do they really want to assimilate and love this nation? Or are they just here for the free stuff and opportunity? Unfortunately that may be very hard to figure out prior to letting them in. Getting rid of chain migration is surely a great step in the right direction. I would like to see a stronger emphasis on finding and immediately deporting those whom have over stayed on their visa's and those who come here under asylum that suddenly disappear.

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,695 Posts
Shut it down or watch the US become the next Sweden. Let em in and then they squeeze out 5 kids. It's an intentional dilution of values.
Don't succumb to same confirmation bias affecting the American left of centre pundits who claim Sweden is the social ideal, it’s not. When you visit it’s very much more Swedish and capitalistic than America can claim to be European American and a haven of free enterprise.
Most of Sweden is cleaner than just about everywhere in the US where in some US cities it would without the street signs and architecture be easier to imagine yourself in a Central American slum district.
America has very unique geographic, demographic and citizenship issues so looking at other nations for comparison or solutions is a fools errand.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,614 Posts
in some US cities it would without the street signs and architecture be easier to imagine yourself in a Central American slum district.
if you take a hard look at those cities in which you describe, and you are honest, you will notice a pattern. Those cities in which you reference are controlled by far left democratic liberals.

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,695 Posts
England? where for some odd reason immigration and knife crime share the same trajectory. Hummm wonder if there is a correlation between the two.
Migration has been falling since 2015 yet knife crime has risen thus there is no correlation.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/statistics-net-migration-statistics

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42749089

Your assumptions are further debunked as knife crime in Scotland is falling but with increased migration.

Yet you type that from England...
The internet and a passport are amazing.

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,579 Posts
Don't succumb to same confirmation bias affecting the American left of centre pundits who claim Sweden is the social ideal, it’s not. When you visit it’s very much more Swedish and capitalistic than America can claim to be European American and a haven of free enterprise.
Most of Sweden is cleaner than just about everywhere in the US where in some US cities it would without the street signs and architecture be easier to imagine yourself in a Central American slum district.
America has very unique geographic, demographic and citizenship issues so looking at other nations for comparison or solutions is a fools errand.
I probably shouldn't comment on Sweedistan since I don't live there. I've traveled 4 continents and cities are ****holes everywhere as far as I'm concerned. Urbanization and population density has consequences. Immigration in masse has consequences for the existing culture. Ask me how I know. I'll give you hint, I was born on a reservation.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Many do but it’s open to widespread abuse as the person who gains citizenship just carousels the initial funds back to the home nation ready for the next migrant.
That's why they need to immigrate with money AND a particular skill, talent, ability, or useful profession. If they want to come to strengthen our nation in some way ... more power to them. Otherwise, let their own nation babysit their useless butts.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's why they need to immigrate with money AND a particular skill, talent, ability, or useful profession. If they want to come to strengthen our nation in some way ... more power to them. Otherwise, let their own nation babysit their useless butts.
Their countries don't have bleeding heart liberals with more money than sense!

Reactions: Ghost863
1 - 20 of 33 Posts