Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Everything is fine, relax
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my cell blows up this morning from neighbors saying that all off Johnson county and part of Wyandotte county in Kansas City is under a boil order until at least late tomorrow. They said people were lined out the door trying to buy water, so if I want some to go get it now.

I went down stairs grabbed a few of the many cases of water put them in the fridge and then went back out and got back in the pool. I may even break out the berkey...

It even put a smile on my wife's face...I could tell she was comforted by the fact that her husband is a prepper.

Anyways...enjoy your Independence day and if you live in Johnson county, KS don't drink the Kool-aid =)

·
Bread Baker
3,255 Posts
The best thing you can do is to not let on. If the neighbors ask, moan and complain about the long lines at wherever the water was being sold at. Be vague though. I hate to tell someone to lie, but IF your asked about it, you know what to do. The last thing you want to do is giving away your water the next time it happens.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
The best thing you can do is to not let on. If the neighbors ask, moan and complain about the long lines at wherever the water was being sold at. Be vague though. I hate to tell someone to lie, but IF your asked about it, you know what to do. The last thing you want to do is giving away your water the next time it happens.
How about just saying:

"I had an extra case left over from Memorial day. Good thing. I think I'll go buy 4 more cases next week for just in case moments like this."

Then say something about the Boy Scouts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got the notice on my phone from Channel 9 about the boil order. The power isn't out so it isn't a huge issue imo. But I'm not in the boil order area yet. We'll see what happens if the flooding continues to get worse.

EDIT

Just saw the news story that a raccoon caused a water main break. Guess it isn't flood related.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,547 Posts
I'm glad you heard the boil order in time. We had one in february here and I didn't know about it. The silt had clogged my undersink filter, so I drank the water straight out of the tap and got slightly sick because of it.

The silly part is I have 1,600 gallons here, several filters, chlorine, etc. I just didn't know about the boil order.

And happy Independance Day to everyone!

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
8,758 Posts
There was a boil order on for a couple of days not too far from here. You just never know ...

And better safe than sorry!

I drank some water that had been stored improperly (looked fine, smelled fine, tasted fine) and me, the dog and the cats had some HORRID runs for a couple of days ...

Learned my lesson ... I don't drink water that someone else put up without treating it like I scooped it up from a mud puddle ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts