1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thousands of protestors demand end to Israeli raids in Gaza
AFP
Published: Tuesday December 30, 2008

Thousands of people demanded an end to Israeli raids in the Gaza Strip in a protest Tuesday outside the US State Department in Washington.

Protestors carrying red-white-green-and-black Palestinian flags and wearing black-and-white checkered head scarves chanted slogans like "Stop the Killing, Stop the War, Stop the Genocide of Palestinians."

Some of them also held aloft banners that read "Stop US Aid to Israel" and "Free, Free Palestine."

An AFP reporter said there initially appeared to be around 200 protestors, but a larger crowd returned to the State Department later in the evening following a march to the White House.

A police officer told AFP he estimated the later crowd at around 2,500 protesters, while organizers said the number was closer to 5,000 people. Police said the demonstration passed off peacefully.

Mahdi Bray, executive director for the Muslim American Society (MAS) Freedom group, said seven busloads of people came in from Raleigh, North Carolina in addition to crowds from the Washington DC area.

Bray said he wanted Palestinians and Israelis to live in peace but criticized US foreign policy.

"The United States has not been an honest broker" in the Arab-Israeli conflict, Bray told AFP. "The Bush administration has been the worst," he said.

Activists said the protest was organized by a number of Palestinian support groups.

Among other groups organizing the protest was the National Council of Arabs, Bray said.

[link to rawstory.com]

Protesters worldwide keep up pressure over Gaza
AFP
Published: Tuesday December 30, 2008

Protesters denouncing Israel's deadly bombardment of the Gaza Strip returned to the streets in demonstrations around the world to keep up the pressure for an end to the violence.

As Israel, under increasing diplomatic pressure, mulled a proposed 48-hour truce and the death toll from its onslaught rose to at least 373 Palestinians, the protesters made their voices heard again.

In France, more than 7,000 protesters marched in a dozen cities across the country to denounce the Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip, which continued for the fourth day running Tuesday.

In Paris, around 3,500 people according to police -- 5,000 according to the organisers -- marched towards the French foreign ministry on the Quai D'Orsay by the River Seine, shouting slogans and carrying banners denouncing Israel.

Police said another 700 marched in the western city of Nantes, while demonstrations in at least a dozen cities and towns across the country each attracted hundreds of protesters.

In London, between 200 and 300 demonstrators protested peacefully outside the Israeli embassy, after the two previous days' rallies had descended into violence.

This demonstration was smaller than on Sunday and Monday, when scuffles erupted between police and protestors against Israel's air raids, leading to a total of 17 arrests over the two days.

Iranian demonstrators stormed the British diplomatic compound in Tehran Tuesday evening to protest London's stance towards the Israeli onslaught, state news agency IRNA reported.

"A large group of people and students entered the Gholhak gardens, which are occupied by the British embassy to protest at Britain's policies in supporting the Zionist regime and put up the Palestinian flag there," IRNA said.

A media officer at the British embassy in Tehran confirmed the report.

In Washington, between 2,500 and 5,000 people protested outside the US State Department chanting slogans like "Stop the Killing, Stop the War, Stop the Genocide of Palestinians" and with some carrying banners saying "Stop US Aid to Israel".

In Los Angeles, around 500 protestors and pro-Israel activists faced off peacefully near the Israeli Consulate.

At a separate demonstration attended by around 100 protesters in Westwood, actor Mike Farrell, a star of the hit 1970s television series "MASH", said he was "one of those people horrified by Israel's over-response."

"Not that I'm in favor of Hamas by any means, because firing rockets into Israel is not the way these things get resolved in a productive way," he said.

In Tunis, hundreds of lawyers and trade unionists joined opposition activists to defy a police ban and protest the bombing of Gaza, several sources reported.

As some protesters shouted slogans denouncing the lack of response from Arab countries in general and Egypt in particular, police headed off the demonstration as it headed towards the courthouse, said witnesses.

Tunisia's government has already condemned the Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip.

Saudi Arabia's interior ministry denied a report by Shiite news website Rasid.com that hundreds had demonstrated Monday afternoon in heavily Shiite Al Qatif, just west of Dammam, leading to several arrests.

Shiite news website Rasid.com reported that police had fired rubber bullets to break up the demonstrations Monday afternoon, which were attended by hundreds of people. But an interior ministry spokesman told AFP there had been no such demonstration.

Demonstrators in the Yemeni port city of Aden briefly broke into the Egyptian consulate to protest Cairo's response to the Israeli offensive, a security official said.

The protesters, mostly students from the university of Aden, "vandalised furniture before they were removed peacefully from the building," the official said, asking not to be identified.

Egypt has come in for strong criticism from Islamists and their sympathisers around the Muslim world for not fully opening its border with Gaza in the face of Israel's devastating air blitz.

In Algeria, about 100 people staged a protest in the capital Algiers after a call from politicians and editors of writers' and artists' magazines. They observed a minute's silence in memory of the dead.

In Panama City, around 200 people protested outside the Israeli embassy to condemn Israel's attacks on the Gaza Strip.

In the Bulgarian capital Sofia, about 200 protesters called on the Bulgarian government to support the peace efforts. Demonstrators carried pro-Palestinian banners and others denouncing Israel.

Earlier Tuesday, about 200 people carrying flowers and candles offered a one-minute prayer in front of the Israeli embassy, with a Buddhist monk ringing a bell for the souls of the victims.

"This is nothing but a bloodbath," organiser Hiroshi Taniyama told demonstrators, who included Arabs living in Japan.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way! The problem is in the greedy corporations, the ultra rich elite that manipulate people and provoke the wars around the world. There were wars before Islam and if it was wiped off the face of the Earth you would still have wars. As long as someone will profit in the wars you will have them. Israel was created through the slaughter and subjugation of the original Canaanite tribes. Israel was born in blood and the Israelites behaved in a brutal, barbaric way in taking the land in the first place.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many here in the USA support Israel blindly. And they do it really because of their religious beliefs first and foremost. Secondly because Israel is a "democracy". And Israel takes full advantage of her "friend." Face it, the USA is Israels bodyguard. We give to them and get nothing in return.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Eliminate the muslims, you will have peace....Just look the the miserable wretches, they are still in the 7th century, primitive, barbaric, unteachable and have the most violent,vicious and perverted religion in existence....

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eliminate the muslims, you will have peace....Just look the the miserable wretches, they are still in the 7th century, primitive, barbaric, unteachable and have the most violent,vicious and perverted religion in existence....
No you won't! That is such a predjudice simplistic statement!

Go read the book of Joshua chapter 6 if you want barbaric.
The people are a result of their environment. The live in abject poverty. I am no supporter of Islam. Or religion in general. It has been used to control peoples minds through the ages. Judaism has roots that were ever bit as barbaric. Read your old testament and see.
Were the Muslims gone you would still have wars and atrocities. Greed is the root cause. The world is driven by profits.

·
Food Storage Solutions
1,029 Posts
The entire world would be at peace tomorrow if Islamic militants began behaving like civilized people today. No where on earth is a Muslim country a good neighbor. The problem is not the various people of the world. The problem is Islamic militants.
You are absolutely correct

·
Banned
630 Posts
Salatheel,

In order to continue this disagreement I will have to go to biblical texts, therefore I am
going to cease discussion on this topic....I will say that the Israelites were commanded by Almighty God to destroy and eliminate all peoples in the area of land they were supposed in inhabit....They did not obey God and let them live, hence the problems we have today with the same people(The sons of Ishmael)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greed is the root cause. The world is driven by profits.
This is true.

And 1st MAW do not criticize someone if you have no idea what is happening there.
Israel have always wanted other people's land, attacked Egypt and Palestine all countries around Israel are at war with Israel. I was in 2007 in Egypt, the best time in my life and Egypt is 90 percent Muslim country, I passed all of Egypt I have never had a problem because I am Catholic and the same thing with Tunisia therefore do not come to this ethnic propaganda

sorry for bad english

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Salatheel,

In order to continue this disagreement I will have to go to biblical texts, therefore I am
going to cease discussion on this topic....I will say that the Israelites were commanded by Almighty God to destroy and eliminate all peoples in the area of land they were supposed in inhabit....They did not obey God and let them live, hence the problems we have today with the same people(The sons of Ishmael)

Most of my spare time over the last 22 years has been spent in comparative religious studies.
I have read the bible so many times in many different translations. I have studied biblical concordences,historical evidence,non-cannonical books, the Nag Hammadi,Dead Sea scrolls and the like.
Any time you want to debate. I'm here.

·
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)
3,306 Posts
king david left some alive, he was told to kill everything, even their animals, he did not do
as commanded,
hence the current situation

·
Banned
630 Posts
Salatheel,

On this subject, its probably better "to agree " to "disagree" on this subject....my friend...I have strong Conservative Christian beliefs and I will not depart from them....suffice to say the Israeli-arab conflict has been in effect since the birth of Ishmael......
We will discuss our differences privately and It will give me a chance to witness to you,
something every Christian has been commanded to do, whether you accept Christ is up to you.....I commend you for your religious studies.....

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree we should leave it at that 1st Maw. I have considered you a friend and would like to keep it that way. I was born Catholic.Then went to a Baptiste church under a very charasmatic young preacher that inspired me. I was born again as a teen and preached to everyone all through school. I didn't stop there I had to learn more so I started studying every religion I could think of and haven't stopped. While I found much love and wisdom in the New Testament teachings of Jesus, I found a very disconcerning dark historical legacy in the Old Testament. When the New Testament was put together in 325ad at the council of Nicea. The re were over 400 books in circulation and being used in the early churches. Only 66 were chosen. Every copy of every one not chosen was to be burned. we have now recovered many of these old texts. Of which many are quoted in the current bible and recognized as having been inspired and holding authority. But they were left out. For a purpose. These other books led me to studies in Mithracism,Zoastrianism,Hinduism,Buddism,Taoism,Shintoism,Confuscianism,Islam,Shamanism,Paganism, and many more. I have taken part in Seders. Spent quite a long time with a Messianic Jewish congregation. Great people. Been to Pagan celebrations and taken part in Wiccan circles. And delved into Cermonial and Chaos Magick. After all my studies, I have to agree Islam is one of the scariest, barbaric, and actually very silly in spots, religions there is. The acts and atrocities of the old testament are a close second though. I am sorry if I offened anyone with these statements. But my ultimate conclusion has been that instead of being all about god, most of the time it's all about control,power,and money.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Salatheel,

Evil is inherent in mankind, we are born with a sin nature, hence the need for rebirth with Christ....and there will wars and rumors of wars until the end of time,there will be suffering,starvation,famine, plaques and chaos...
This is the reason no peace treaty will ever last, no promises between nations ever kept,
and as you said greed, avarice, profits are a player in the scope of things....

·
3,306 Posts
I believe that the God of Abraham, my God is all powerful and that the bible is his letter
to us all, that being said, I believe that Gods word is as he wanted it.
It is My opinion that if his word is as it was meant to be. not trying to start another
arguement, just trying to be as clear as possible about how I feel on the subject

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1st maw,
This is a world expressed in duality.

I feel the concept of original sin is one that puts us purposefully indebt to those that hold the keys to heaven.

·
3,306 Posts
muslims are the most barbaric, murderous, evil people in existence, if the israelis gave up
and left, they would just find an excuse to kill each other, or they would find a
new verse in the koran, commanding that the chinese, or africans, or russians be
destroyed

·
Registered
212 Posts
The reason so many books were not added to the new testament was because they dont cross reference each other. Matthew cross references Mark and Mark cross references Matthew so on. The other books that were not added can be read as a History point in times but can not be exepted to be God word, The hole Christian Bible is Gods Word.
The old testament has a lot of War's and so on but is not the Devil loose on earth, why is the blame always God fault, God did command the Jewish people to kill and take the land that was choose for the Choosen people (Jews).
The animals, wives and kids were also ordered to be killed, all in the land was unclean, unclean were the people of the land because of there Baal worship as in the fallen angels took women, kids, men, and animals. Yes the flood killed the people also of this terrible offsprings, but the fallen angles are still here doing the same thang again,

1 - 20 of 101 Posts