Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Are you going to be able to find replacement filters?

Just the replacement for my katadyn cost around $35.

Reactions: Shaz

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Any product that tries to sell itself on the backs and blood of US "soldiers" without being a military issue product should be boycotted.

Sorry... But I don't have any patients for companies that try to falsely market themselves with "clever" wording.

·
Thank you very much
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am going to buy one local. That way I will be able to pick the extra filters up without having to order them.

I just started getting interested in this today, so I didn't really know what was the norm. After reading the replies here, reviews, and other research I agree that this is probably not a good product.

Thank you for the replies.

·
Soulless Ginger
391 Posts
Buy a quality brand name that can be trusted, and filters replaced. Drinking bad water on a vacation could land you in the Hospital. Bad water after the SHTF could land you in the grave. Some things you just can afford to skimp on!

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,434 Posts
When you spot "chinglish" in the wording, it should be a big clue. That's one that I'd pass on.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'd be suspect. It looks good but some reviews are not so stellar. Where is this product made? Seems like it's a cheap knock-off. Get the more reputable Katadyn or Sawyer products.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts