1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
It’s a point system designed to fail all braces, causing all weapons with braces to become SBR and requiring a stamp.

The ATF is creating law under the guise of interpretation of NFA and Congress is not held accountable by voting.

.GOV gets to claim they are reducing crime, have a system in place to allow handicap people to use braces, save children, save old people and collect tax revenue.

Nobody can stop this but the courts. If it makes you feel good, register your comments during the period.

This is the framework for an Assault Weapons Ban.

Plan accordingly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It’s a point system designed to fail all braces, causing all weapons with braces to become SBR and requiring a stamp.

The ATF is creating law under the guise of interpretation of NFA and Congress is not held accountable by voting.

.GOV gets to claim they are reducing crime, have a system in place to allow handicap people to use braces, save children, save old people and collect tax revenue.

Nobody can stop this but the courts. If it makes you feel good, register your comments during the period.

This is the framework for an Assault Weapons Ban.

Plan accordingl.
Yep you are spot on.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
I don't own any firearms with braces but I'd like the AG to explain in detail why they feel the need to dictate to people how to shoot their firearm. I mean they are not the one shooting it and know very little if anything about how to use and operate firearms. Just because some jackass in a suit in the district of criminals doesn't like firearms doesn't give them or anyone else the right to tell others how to operate them. Same goes for the idiots at the ATF, I want them to explain in detail just how making something safer to use is a bad thing.

I'd also like the ATF, AG and every politician at the state and federal level to explain in detail using actual verifiable data how these rules and proposed changes will change the behavior of criminals. I'd like a report on just how many firearms with braces have been used in the commission of a crime and were those who used one already ineligible to legally own a firearm to begin with.

...and lastly, I'd like a like a law to be enacted that BEFORE any agency, AG or politician submits a change to rules or bill that they have to demonstrate their knowledge of firearms and write a full detailed report on why their proposed change(s)/bill are nessicary using real verifiable data to be reviewed by a panel of experts in data, firearms, crime etc

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't have a gun with a "Brace" or desire to have a gun with a brace. Matter of fact I didn't really know what an arm brace was so I looked up some videos on YT to see what all the fuss was about. All I saw were people with a supposed "arm brace" firing their "pistols" from the shoulder like a rifle. A very short rifle with a very short barrel. I even asked about how this was legal in another thread.

If there is a new law that bans these arm braced guns you can probably thank the idiots on YT and other places for showing what they were really doing with the braces. This is on them.

I personally don't care what people do with their braced guns and for sure don't want anyone making any new laws. I bet there hasn't been a single crime committed with one of these guns either. I guess this is just a way for the ATF to assert their will on the people and justify their questionable reason for being. They should have been dismantled and done away with after their murder raid in Waco Tx.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've been seeing this a lot lately and seems odd. Why are you guys having a debate about stocks for pistols? I'm not coming from a high and mighty position by any means, don't get me wrong. I'm just literally confused. They make the pistol less concealable. Isn't that desirable from a policing perspective? Our cops hate pistols specifically because it's pretty easy to murder a cop with one, because you can get the jump on him a lot easier. Anyways, sorry for the ramble, but back to the question. Why?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The "Pistols" in question are a far cry from a handgun. These are chopped off AR rifles that would never fit in a belt holster or a front pocket. Have a look at these "Pistols" and I think you will better understand. These were never intended to be concealable guns.

And this video shows exactly why there is a proposed law being made about them being regulated. Doesn't look like much of a pistol to me.

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
The “thing” is....the SBR laws are a joke, charging $200 for permission to own one is an insult, and the ATF SPECIFICALLY made a definition and determination that the braces weren’t an end around on that stupid unconstitutional law.

So now, in COMPLETE disregard for all the legalese regarding precedence and constitutional limits on agencies making laws and congresss NOT being allowed to make any such law, even though they did it in the NFA and again in ‘68; and again in ‘86....

Well, it comes down to this. You are either FOR allowing braces, or you are a total Fudd, who doesn’t understand nor give a crap about the 2nd.

If YOU are OK with outlawing a previously legal item that does NOTHING nefarious, then don’t be shocked when they also outlaw previously legal things like ARs, semi auto rifles like the Mini 14, semi auto shotguns, then pump guns, then hand guns over .45 and under .380, and then handguns with larger capacities, and then handguns in general.

They are raping your fellow citizens, and you are saying, well, it’s just the tip, it’s not that bad, relax, quit griping, besides, maybe you should have worn a longer skirt.

Screw that noise. And screw those that continue to go along with that idiotic mindset.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't much care one way or the other about them. But I'm not an AR fan anyway. I have an AR but like my Mini-14 about 10 times better. But I think if a person wants a shortened AR they ought to be able to own one. Whats the harm? And I admit they look cool. I have shot a Browning High Power with shoulder stock and really liked that. I would love to have a shoulder stock for my Ruger 22 auto. What a great backpack rig that would be.

But those idiots making the youtube videos like I posted are the reason for a new law and maybe tax. They should have just shot their guns and kept their mouths shut. That picture in the video doesn't look like a brace to me. it like just what it is being used for. A shoulder stock.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
This is America, with that free speech idea.
Yes and that free speech idea got a lot of the wrong people listening and now those people want to ban a gun that was doing no one any harm. I'm all about free speech. I'm also selective about who I talk to and what I tell. Like all the folks here who recommend you don't broadcast to the world what preps and food supply you have set back. Smart thinking.

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
Why are you so down on the free speech guys?

Want to gripe? Gripe about the criminals trying to create and enforce tyranny. Quit blaming the wrong people. If they can’t exercise their rights without being persecuted by the tyrant and blamed by their fellow citizens.....then none of that freedom really exists, does it?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Why are you so down on the free speech guys?

Want to gripe? Gripe about the criminals trying to create and enforce tyranny. Quit blaming the wrong people. If they can’t exercise their rights without being persecuted by the tyrant and blamed by their fellow citizens.....then none of that freedom really exists, does it?
I'm not griping and I'm sure as hell not down on free speech. I just believe that being selective is a smart thing to do. And I'm not against the AR pistols. Anyway you have a good day. I'm not going to get into a debate with you. Its not worth my time.

·
Registered
502 Posts
AR pistols have been around for a couple of decades. Also remember that there are AK pistols and other similar pistols like CZ Scorpions. We are talking about millions of pistols of this type in the country. The BATF has changed rules around them multiple times without any real reasoning for changes.
It is very rare that an AR is used in a shooting or crime and even more rare that an AR, AK or other similar pistol is used in a crime. No real world justification for this other than to disarm people and to try to make as many law-abiding citizens into criminals as possible.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts