Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
40,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like watching the Project Farm, real world, side-by-side comparisons of various tools and products. Today's video features a number of name brand water filtration systems from very cheap to very expensive. I was surprised at some of the results. I'll definitely keep my eye on the Zero Water system which is one of the cheaper brands:

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
40,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After doing a little searching and reading a few reviews ... it seems that the Zero Water system is great at removing solids but the water may end up smelling "fishy" after awhile. Also, it's designed to filter water that has already been treated against bacteria so it may not be a trustworthy filter system if removing bacteria is your goal. Also, the price for a Zero Water system is only $29.00 on Project Farm but it's around $45.00 on Amazon. Also, replacement filters look to be a bit pricy.

Does anyone have any experience with the Zero Filter? I personally use the Crown Berkey due to its ability to remove harmful bacteria but it's not great at removing solids. Perhaps using the Zero Water prior to using the Berkey could be the best of both worlds? Just speculating!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
After doing a little searching and reading a few reviews ... it seems that the Zero Water system is great at removing solids but the water may end up smelling "fishy" after awhile. Also, it's designed to filter water that has already been treated against bacteria so it may not be a trustworthy filter system if removing bacteria is your goal. Also, the price for a Zero Water system is only $29.00 on Project Farm but it's around $45.00 on Amazon. Also, replacement filters look to be a bit pricy.

Does anyone have any experience with the Zero Filter? I personally use the Crown Berkey due to its ability to remove harmful bacteria but it's not great at removing solids. Perhaps using the Zero Water prior to using the Berkey could be the best of both worlds? Just speculating!!
I've been running Zero Water systems for about a year. I haven't had an issue with "fishy" water ever, but then I follow the manufacturer's suggested filter replacement time too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts