Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just bought this gun and brought it home about 2 hours ago. I tried to load it with 2 3/4 shells just for a function test and well the rounds do not feed out. It is as if the spring in the tube is stuck near the end of the tube and it wont come out. I dont really have many tools so if there is a way I can take the spring out with too many tools I would appreciate you telling me about it.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Read the MANUAL , just a hint :thumb: ....................590's are pretty simple , so I'd say your getting a little worked up for nothing .

Go slow , take a break if you get worked up .

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ty for the vid but I have already watched it and it does not show me how to remove the spring from the magazine tube.....thanks anyways...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my 500 take off barrel and insert a thin rod down screwhole and it should release the spring!

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Ty for the vid but I have already watched it and it does not show me how to remove the spring from the magazine tube.....thanks anyways...

Is there a " thingy " at the end of the tube ?? Got a slot in the end ??? You should see this after you remove the cap and barrel ........

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
yes there is....
Try using a flat tip screw driver , or knife blade , push in on it and turn CC or clock ways , GO SLOW AND BE CAREFULLL ITS SPRING LOADED !!!

i'M ON STAND BY ..................WAITING .................GETTING BEER ...............WILL CALL EMS TO GET SPRING OUT OF YOUR HEAD ............:D:

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK I removed the spring and it was all messed up and twisted up....i untangled it so to speak put it back in and tried to load it again and it does not work the spring is shot so I viewed the return policy of the store i bought it at and it says they wont accept perishable items, bats (baseball etc) and electronics back...it mentions nothing about firearms so I am gonna try abd return it tomorrow for another one. wish me luck.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Dont waste your time , Call Mossberg and ask for service , they might just send ya a new one for free ...........

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i will try and return the gun for another although I doubt this will be possible. I emailed mossberg and told em i was pissed hehehe so we will see what happens...so much for going out to the range tomorrow to test this puppy out.........cry cry cry sob

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
man, how the heck could the spring get all screwed up like that? Sounds wierd. Was the gun new, as in out-of-the-box? you said you tried to load 2 3/4" shells, right? if so, it's supposed to take at least 8 of those.

wierd....:xeye:

EDIT: I just got a 590, and took it to the range the next day. shot about 25 shells, no problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts