Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife shared this with me and I had to chuckle.

This will be my new response, that I don't think the government would pass a background check or a mental screening and they are too unstable and prone to violence. For the children and my conscious, I could never participate in giving or selling my firearms to government officials:D:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
My wife shared this with me and I had to chuckle.

This will be my new response, that I don't think the government would pass a background check or a mental screening and they are too unstable and prone to violence. For the children and my conscious, I could never participate in giving or selling my firearms to government officials:D:
Great post. Any buy back is nothing but the confiscation of your property.

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
`

I haven't bought any of my firearms from .gov so there would be nothing for them to buy back. If they want to sell me any of the weapons I was issued and/or assigned to, I'd be fine with that. I'd really like to show them where I live, maybe take them fishing.

I guess it can only apply to CMP purchases.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Government buy backs is basically the Government buying your gun back with your money. Nothing like paying twice for a gun to have it taken away.
That's actually a great point. Your own tax money is being used to "buy back"/confiscate property you legally purchased with your own money in the first place. You are paying twice to have the government steal your property and likely at a signficant loos to you.

ROCK6

·
Registered
433 Posts
Does anyone has a stat for what the bump-stock ban compliance was? I heard somewhere it was under 6% but I want to verify that.
Well I found out that the ATF isn't keeping stats on bump stock turn ins so that explains the lack of reliable info.

However here's a fun and promising article about a town with a 0% compliance rate lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailypress.com/virginiagazette/news/va-vg-bump-stocks-0503-story,amp.html

·
Proud American Patriot
2,378 Posts
This is an excellent point, that's funny because of how true it is and because it gets right to the heart of the gun control debate: it was the intent of the founders that the American people be armed because the founders knew just how destructive a government could become. And now the worst fears of the founders are being realized as the machinery of despotism is being built around us, with civilian disarmament a natural and essential part of that machinery. So it is good to remind everyone that unrestrained government is an infinitely greater threat than a few psychos with guns.

The idea of a "buyback" of something government never owned and we have a right to have is obviously repugnant to any patriot, especially since the gun is being bought back with money stolen from us in the first place. But to a liberal it makes perfect sense, because liberals are freedom-hating marxists. To them, government should own everything, and there is no right of the people to keep and bear arms just because that tired old Constitution written by old white men says there is.

Next we'll be seeing buybacks of books that contain forbidden information, first among them being the Bible, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, old history books containing information that has not been sanitized, and books on logic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts