Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
It's derived from the old R.E.M. song.

It's The End Of The World As We Know It.
No, the REM song is derived from it. It's been around a lot longer than that.

I always wonder how to PRONOUNCE it. TEE-oh-twockwee?

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=8111

I wonder if I could arrange a small list of 10 based on popularity....

SHTF
BOB
BOL
BOV
TEOTWAWKI
OPSEC
MRE
EMP
PM
NWO

(Avoiding "brands" that are also acronyms such as AR, AK, Alice etc, plus "chat" acronyms.)

Those which didn't make the list:

PAW
GOOD
CB

:)

Objections? Of course! There always are.

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
The Environmentalists probably think it means- The Earth Originally Thought We Always Wanted(to) Kill It :eek: :rofl:

There is no dumb question when you want to find out something you don't know.

·
Born to prep
3,731 Posts
PreSHTF Is the period of time leading up to the event, this is where we are now.
SHTF Is the period of time during which the event is occurring.
PostSHTF Is the period of time after the event has occurred.

TEOTWAIKI The End Of The World As I Know It. Is a personal event that impacts your life in a negative way. A TEOTWAIKI can include but not limited to a decline in health of you or someone close to you, the death of someone close to you, lose of your job or your house burns down.

TEOTWAWKI The End Of The World As We Know It. Is an event that has a scope broad enough to include not just you and those close to you but can also include persons unknown to you.

There are two categories of a TEOTWAWKI they are social and environmental.

A social TEOTWAWKI can take the form of political or economic unrest, an upraising by citizens or invasion of a country or the world.

An environmental TEOTWAWKI can take the form of a natural disaster such as an earthquake, flood or meteorite impact. It can also take the form as an medical event such as an hazardous biological or chemical release that is accidental or intentional.

TEOCAWKI The End Of civilization As We Know It and TEOSAWEKI The End Of Society As We Know It are reserved for social events. A TEOCAWKI or TEOSAWEKI may not necessarily be the cause of the SHTF but in fact the SHingTF may be the cause of an TEOCAWKI or TEOSAWEKI occurring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts