Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Preparing for tomorrow
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are just printing money like crazy. At this pace, the dollar won't be worth anything soon.:xeye:

US Government Prints 605.9 Million Notes in March 2010

The US government printed more money in March than in any previous month in 2010, according to the agency responsible for manufacturing US currency. The value of the notes printed also peaked.

Combined, the BEP produced 605,952,000 banknotes that had a total value of $22,138,240,000. In contrast, February figures came in at 504.476 million notes for just over $14.098 billion while January registered 487 million notes worth just above $14.1 billion.

http://www.coinnews.net/2010/04/05/us-government-prints-605-9-million-notes-in-march-2010/

·
Criminitly!
620 Posts
Yeam, money! I thought they stopped posting the M3 money data. Or is this just actual printed on paper data?

·
www.chemflame.com
1,174 Posts
I'm not sure what printing money has to do anything with the value of the dollar. They can print as much as they want, but it won't affect the value of the dollar. For example if they only print 100 $1 bills and exchange it at the bank for 100 old $1 bills, that doesn't mean there is more money in the country. Printing money is just that, printing more of it to exchange for the old money that is circulating out there already.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
When people refer to printing money, they're not talking about a zero sum game, they're talking about injecting more net money into the system. Particularly only into the top echelon, to keep greedy/corrupt banks solvent. Doesn't matter if they don't circulate the money, the main point is to keep these "wonderful" institutions of non-sustainable plunder sustainable. This is something that Bush and Obama have in common, elected by the same banks presumably.

I'm not sure what printing money has to do anything with the value of the dollar. They can print as much as they want, but it won't affect the value of the dollar. For example if they only print 100 $1 bills and exchange it at the bank for 100 old $1 bills, that doesn't mean there is more money in the country. Printing money is just that, printing more of it to exchange for the old money that is circulating out there already.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Well they are "injecting" more money towards me by way of credit card loans....I'm getting cc offers all month from all the big boys...Citi, HSBC, JPmorgan Chase, State Farm, American Express, Discover, Sears, US Bank, they are all trying to lend me money, at ridiculously low teaser rates.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
Just curious, the article doesn't say how much worn out money was destroyed. I'd be interested in seeing what the difference is.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Toward the tail end of the Bush admin, you'll remember that they printed up a few tens of billion to inject into the big banks. The banks, in turn, sell ordinary people debt and call it an asset from their perspective. Funny economic model. A complicated re-packaging of feudal/despotic system, perhaps.

Well they are "injecting" more money towards me by way of credit card loans....I'm getting cc offers all month from all the big boys...Citi, HSBC, JPmorgan Chase, State Farm, American Express, Discover, Sears, US Bank, they are all trying to lend me money, at ridiculously low teaser rates.

·
www.chemflame.com
1,174 Posts
When people refer to printing money, they're not talking about a zero sum game, they're talking about injecting more net money into the system. Particularly only into the top echelon, to keep greedy/corrupt banks solvent. Doesn't matter if they don't circulate the money, the main point is to keep these "wonderful" institutions of non-sustainable plunder sustainable. This is something that Bush and Obama have in common, elected by the same banks presumably.
I know that when a person says "printing more money" they usually are talking about more money in circulation (in the system). But the piece of news that is posted is about printing more money literally, not about more money in circulation (unless I'm reading it wrong or just don't get it). I'm not sure how printing more money (literally) affects anybody except more fresh dollar bills.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Toward the tail end of the Bush admin, you'll remember that they printed up a few tens of billion to inject into the big banks. The banks, in turn, sell ordinary people debt and call it an asset from their perspective. Funny economic model. A complicated re-packaging of feudal/despotic system, perhaps.
Either or, I like having the extra money available to me more than not having it available. I am keeping my debts under control though. I don't want to get buried in credit card debt. I have to remember this isn't free money for me, it's not income, and it has to be paid back with interest. So it's not really stimulus money. It can turn into a trap very easily.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
No, this was all covered in the press a year or two ago. They didn't literally print new money and introduce it into broad circulation. Rather, the government literally allowed some big banks to crank up some digits in their accounts. Flipping bits or or bytes, an accounting trick, whatever you want to call it. And then we subsequently have been reading about how they're not lending any of it. The plan was that the banks would get hard equity/wealth, and in return lend debt to consumers and businesses. Even if it worked, it was a terrible plan, reeking of shenanigans.

I know that when a person says "printing more money" they usually are talking about more money in circulation (in the system). But the piece of news that is posted is about printing more money literally, not about more money in circulation (unless I'm reading it wrong or just don't get it). I'm not sure how printing more money (literally) affects anybody except more fresh dollar bills.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
because when they get enough people on the hook thats when they jack the rates back up...

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Either or, I like having the extra money available to me more than not having it available. I am keeping my debts under control though. I don't want to get buried in credit card debt. I have to remember this isn't free money for me, it's not income, and it has to be paid back with interest. So it's not really stimulus money. It can turn into a trap very easily.
Ok take large loans.. you get in a hole you cant dig out of.. What happens the bank will want assests... and try to take them you can always file of bankrupys... the Big companys make it seem so bad they take risks and if it doesnt pay off just declare bankrupys and your off the hook.. Thats the problem big companys like to exploite things like this while makeing people feel bad if they do the same.. Simple answer dont get into much debt if you cant make money off the loan ect.. if your makeing money then pay off the debt and if you fail.. heck just declare bankrupys then the debt is gone..

and if you think no one will give you a loan after that.. your sadly mistaken because you cant declare bankrupsy for a few more years so they will get the money 1 way or another... When you need money or a loan the bank wont give it to you.. if you dont need it they want you to take it.. they want your money 1 way or another..

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Ok take large loans.. you get in a hole you cant dig out of.. What happens the bank will want assests... and try to take them you can always file of bankrupys... the Big companys make it seem so bad they take risks and if it doesnt pay off just declare bankrupys and your off the hook.. Thats the problem big companys like to exploite things like this while makeing people feel bad if they do the same.. Simple answer dont get into much debt if you cant make money off the loan ect.. if your makeing money then pay off the debt and if you fail.. heck just declare bankrupys then the debt is gone..

and if you think no one will give you a loan after that.. your sadly mistaken because you cant declare bankrupsy for a few more years so they will get the money 1 way or another... When you need money or a loan the bank wont give it to you.. if you dont need it they want you to take it.. they want your money 1 way or another..
Bankruptcy is not an option for me. I simply just won't do it. I may fall behind on bills but I always catch up. It's just a matter of principle to me, which has worked out good for me over the years.

·
Happy to be here!
4,935 Posts
I'm no economist, but might the Fed be intentionally deflating the dollar in order to get America out of debt. In other words, the more you print, the less its worth.

For example, you’re in debt for $365.00 and you earn $1.00 a day. The Fed then floods the market with$1 bills. Because there are alot more bills, they are not worth as much. This would cause inflation rates to rise. To make the economy work, employers would have to give raises to match the devaluation/ inflation. So now you’re making $10 a day at work and your $1,000 house is worth $10,000. In essence, your debt just got cut by 1000%.

It's sort of a supply vs. demand idea. Obviously, there's always a demand for money, but if there is a ton of it pumped into the economy, it's individual value is diminished. For example, oil is always valuable and needed. But if you flood the market with a huge sirplus, it wouldn't be worth as much.

Just thinking out loud. I have no idea if this concept is even possible. It sure would screw over the people who spent years building up a nest egg that just lost a ton of value. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts