Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any insight on the M3 and M4 clones, tons of good reviews on ar15.com.

Ill definitely be putting an Eotech 512 on my rock river operator (not dropping $$$ on an ACOG TA11). I just built another AR (budget build) spikes lower, RRA trigger/lower parts, DPMS 6 pos stock, Sportical upper w/yankee hill lightweight spectre length free float, F/R magpul MBUS, single point. I was thinking of the M3 for this but wanted to see what you guys though of it since it runs in the sub $100 range..

Thanks guys!

·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
I have the M4 'clone' on a middie. I've had it something over two years and haven't had any complaints. Probably 2500 rounds through that one with the sight on it, maybe more.
I did use it for a carbine class with no issues. It hasn't been babied, but I'm not jumping through windows or anything either.
I've thought about one of their micro dots for quite a while, I imagine I'll get one at some point. Solid 2nd tier gear, a good value too IMHO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience. I had been on the eotech for a bit but now I think I like the aimpoint better and saw this as an alternative. It's hard to understand the price asked for the high end scopes like the Trijicon Acogs Aimpoints and such. I just dont see how that can be. I know they are top notch but $700-$2000, really?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Primary Arms also has GREAT customer service. That's enough to be highly recommended alone, without all the great reviews on their sights.

·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. I had been on the eotech for a bit but now I think I like the aimpoint better and saw this as an alternative. It's hard to understand the price asked for the high end scopes like the Trijicon Acogs Aimpoints and such. I just dont see how that can be. I know they are top notch but $700-$2000, really?
Well, to be honest, the upper level scopes are built better, period.
Now, I'm not saying that the PA stuff isn't built well enough, it's just your Aimpoints that are mil diestributed get beat on by who knows how many grunts, and still funtion. They also have far longer battery life (like, a year or so of continuous on). My PA has lasted hundreds of hours on a common AA, Good enough for me for sure.

It's the difference between a military Hummer and a regular Jeep I guess?
For the money, the PA can't be beat. If I was going to spend the high dollars on a sight for an AR, I'd go with an ACOG. The tech in a red dot isn't as hard to do well at a lower price point - no magnification, caliber specific bullet drop reticles, etc...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes sense, I definitely love the ACOGs especially the TA11 but not dropping that kinda coin on that.

Looks like as of now I'm probably going to go with the Aimpoint PRO, I wouldnt mind putting one of those others on my little Ruger 10/22.

Thanks so much for your input, really helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts