Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every shelf is filled. Every gas can topped off with fuel extender added. Prices here dropped a bit before Christmas on food in a big, big way.

My wife was laughing at the multiple trips (I mean, into the parking lot, back into the store) to maximize beneifts. Reciepts pronouce 50% savings. I figure we're good until summer or later on many items.

Freezer full of flour. Plastic bucket full of 5 lb bags (all freezer treated). Second bucket to go. Done for a while.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Thats amazing, 50%??

No, I havent noticed prices dropping where I live, except on a few select items.

If you can do it, more power to ya.

Let me know what key items you really noticed a savings on, Ill try to check it where I live.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pasta: dropped for over $1.29 per pound (Ronzi or equiv.) back to $.50 per box
Canned Puree: .79 per can (large) from over $1.50 per can
Flour $1.29 per five pound compared to close to $3.00 per bag
Canned veggies (top quality like Green Giant) generally: .79 per can from over $1.50

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The prices at Aldi have pretty much been the same for the past year or so.
Did you not expereince a price increase from August to Dec.?

TO PFC Wilson: You know what PFC stnads for right?

PFC= Pretty F' Cool !

·
Registered
679 Posts
Our price on flour didn't get quite that low. 1.50/5 lb.
Canned veggies (Libby's/Con Agra) were as low as .50 for one week
Pasta (house brand) was also .50/lb for one week

Meats were also on sale, spiral hams at 1.49/lb, whole turkeys at .69/lb. etc.

At 1.25/5 lb bag or less, I'd load-up on flour for sure.
Bought over 100 lbs of pasta
and a load of canned veggies as well.

We don't have a Costco-type store out here for 300 miles, so the local grocery is it for us.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
These things can be mostly local in nature. But the post highlights and important thought..... stay on top of your shopping discipline. Monitor prices and jump on deals. Local or not, a deal for you is a deal for you.

Thanks for posting the info. It'll help some, I'm sure.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Prices falling this fast is scary. It is usually an indicator of hyperinflation around the corner. I really hope that this is simply reflective of lower fuel costs.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunatly I beleive you may be 100% correct regarding hyperinflation. Wall Street types are saying the money is staying our of the market right now world wide. Get ready for the prices to start rising. Few seem to understand what may be coming with inflation, but save your cash.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I havent heard anything new on that front for weeks. It sure has been quiet the last month or so.

Seems like more people think hyperinflation is paranoia, and dismiss the idea outright.

rather than save cash, buy now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
prices

I have not notice prices dropping in this area but am stocking up anyway. Everyone should have at least a year's supply of all necessities on hand at all times. A two year supply is better. As far as saving your cash, is say forget cash. If you have some extra money buy silver and do it now. Your paper money is going to be about as valuable as toilet paper when the SHTF.:xeye:

·
Apocaloptimist
2,708 Posts
Prices haven't dropped so much in my neck of the woods. I guess the stores are still trying to recoup the money they lost after the hurricane hit and they had no power for a week or so.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,534 Posts
Glad to hear about the price drop! Can someone please tell the Krogers near me? Apparently they didn't get the memo....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts