441 - 460 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
$2.49/$2.51 around town this morning.

·
Retired curmudgeon
19,021 Posts
$2.84 at Costco and Sam's, $3.09 everywhere else.
This ^ was nine days ago. Two days ago it hit $3.20 for 87. Yesterday it was back down to $2.89 at Sam's. What, was there too much "I told you so" going on and the usurper administration put the word out that yes, he wants the prices to go up, but not quite that fast. NOTHING else has changed.

Salt Lake City is bocks away from three oil refineries along with a pipeline that goes to the source in Wyoming. There is no reason for gas and diesel $3.59 to be so expensive in my area. Price fixing and deep state 'suggestions' is my take.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Salt Lake City is bocks away from three oil refineries along with a pipeline that goes to the source in Wyoming. There is no reason for gas and diesel $3.59 to be so expensive in my area. Price fixing and deep state 'suggestions' is my take.
Location has nothing to do with it. The per barrel price of crude controls. I'm 20 miles from refinery's, price is the same in the refinery town as here.

·
Registered
627 Posts
$2.49 down .02

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
^^^ Dang that must be a small tank. If I let it go near empty I don't get away with less than $60 with price of Diesel now.

Reactions: IceFire

·
Registered
116 Posts
It’s at $2.50 or so in Tampa-St Pete. Those are the low prices at GasBuddy.com: but the usual price is $2.75, and headed for $3.00 Mach shnell.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I don't know how gas prices are set but it's not by being close to a refinery. In washington the refineries are all on the mainland in the northwest corner, to take advantage of deep water access. But lowest retail gas prices are consistently hundreds of miles away, $.30-.60 less per gallon.

441 - 460 of 470 Posts