Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Firearm Enthusiast
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the going rate to have an AK-47 built? I'm not looking for a Rifle Dynamics or Red Jacket top-of-the-line build, just someone who will put together a safe and functional rifle. I plan to supply the kit, I just want to know what labor will run to assemble an E. German or Egyptian Maadi kit with every supplied.

·
DEFCON 4
6,583 Posts
why spend the money to have one custom built? buy a good one from the beginning and if you want to add to it later, that is half the fun of it....:thumb:

·
Firearm Enthusiast
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like something better than a basic Romanian and the Russian Arsenals are a little too pricey for my tastes. I asked this question over on theakforum.net and I found that I can get an Egyptian AK built for just under $500. I think its money well spent over a Romanian.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
My recent plinking targets have been medium sized coffee cans. My Saiga conversion with eotech 512 can hit 9 out of 10 at 100 yards with golden tiger ammunition. With iron sights I am looking like 7 or 8 out of 10 at 100 yards. That's roughly 2-3" groups at 100 yards.

Total price of the build was $550 including shipping and transfer fee, and 2 magazines. It is SAR 922 import compliant. Price with eotech, mount, and rifle is $1000.

It is very easy to convert.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitely go with the E. German kit. All my experience and added hearsay has shown me that Egyptians aren't very reliable. Their trigger assembly is one of the shoddiest out of the national self-produced AK's. E. German's probably one of the best out there.

·
Firearm Enthusiast
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely go with the E. German kit. All my experience and added hearsay has shown me that Egyptians aren't very reliable. Their trigger assembly is one of the shoddiest out of the national self-produced AK's. E. German's probably one of the best out there.
I've heard the Egyptian parts are Soviet spec though. Apparently the USSR outfitted the Egyptian factories with Russian machinery to produce their AK's. The other plus is that Egyptian kits are $205 with a Romanian barrel, while E. German kits are $250-$275 plus the cost of a barrel. We'll see, I might just save up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts