Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Animis Opibusque Parati
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Series 70 Colt Combat Commander at my LGS. It seems to be in good shape mechanically. The dealer said that they stripped the finish in order to make it presentable, or they may have just polished a satin nickel gun. (Apparently the previous owner shot it very little but did not maintain it.) I took it apart, function checked it and everything seemed good mechanically. They want $450. Good deal? If I get it, it's going to be a project/ccw gun.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,967 Posts
I would definitely say yes. If its nickel or chrome you can take a scotch brite and make it look decent, that's if it had the high gloss finish and it's scratched really bad.

The high polish finish scratches really easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is a good price, but my only question is why would you pay so much for a project? I personally would find a piece of junk, with a good frame/reciever. Then spend the money on the rebuild. You learn so much more, and the satisfaction of your new weapon that you built seems to be the better investment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.